Virginia outdoor growers come!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by downw/thesystem, Feb 6, 2006.

1. I know this thread is old as dirt, but I'm in VA too and would like to possibly spark up another conversation!?

I've done one outdoor grow and I'm doing the same thing again this year. Here is what I did and I'm doing AGAIN!

First, the plants mature in a pot (outside since a popped seed), with some soil from the future planting area, mixed with some potting soil. During it's time in the pot, I get the "spot" ready by putting compost down, some hardwood ashes and organic 5-5-5 Fertilizer. Luckily, my spot is also right next to a shallow ditch that catches rain water and eventually drains off to a MUCH BIGGER ditch. The soil stays moist due to the ditch and still sees a ton of sun. That said, I still like to mix in some good garden soil, mixed with perlite and/or a bit of sand. Pretty much, I dig a hole for the "established plant(s)" (ATLEAST 3-4 good leaf sets) in The Spot, then sprinkle in a GOOD amount of the said before said mix in the holes.

This seems to work good for me... I'm hoping this plant turns into an absolute MONSTER!!!

2. Hey Va thread. I live around here too. Specifically around Arlington near falls church. I was wondering if anyone grows indoors that could give me a few tips. it would be much appreciated. I do not mind meeting in person.