Virginia outdoor growers come!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by downw/thesystem, Feb 6, 2006.

1. lol nice, I was thinking of starting one but it would have to be indoor. I'm in Cville too, hit me up if you still log in (since your post's a bit old)

2. Anybody from around the Roanoke area?

3. I'm in MD lol

Lord of the Renegade Empire

4. lol i got my first grow coming up this summer and i didnt know if there was anyone in the area that could give me tips

5. Well. What you should really look out for is those cicadas this summer -.- they'll be all over your plants & there's gonna be some days where it feels like it's too cold but your plants should be able to survive

6. Yeah the cicadas are going to be terrible this year

7. Imma be pissed if my plants don't grow because of them. :(

8. Same but I read if you put up four posts and kinda put a mosquito net around the planta they cant get on the plants

9. I'm Md wish we had a thread popping off, I read that cicadas mainly suck on trees, they suck on plants too?

10. Im in virginia richmond to be exact and im tryna grow in my back yard i planted some on the tenth of apr where i mixed some organic miracle grow with the native bs clay and they died so i started a new grow on 4/20 cliche right that just happen to be the day they died so i went and got cheap soil from family dollar and gonna grow a couple in my backyard and huerilla grow some btw these are all bag seed now my thing is i wish i knew somebody local who could lend me some skills because every time i try to grow they never get pass the four leaves before they die so if anybody in my area is a expert any help would be appreciated

11. Cicadas suck on trees and shrubs. So if your plants get to the size of about 3 or 4 ft they will get on your plants. My spot is remote no where near anyone so im thinking about doing the mosquito nets when they get to be good size. I got northern lights, pineapple express, and sour diesel in my up coming grow. Hopefully they stay alive and dont die cause of the cicadas

12. Are those the little green worms hanging from trees? because i had noticed some of my plants were chewed up and a couple of them just tipped over and died but im changing my grow setup to buckets because some animal keeps shiting in the area

13. Cicadas come up out of the ground and like chew on trees

14. is there much of a difference between maryland and virginia temps? i know here in the summer it get so humid and sunny! alot of 87-93 days with no wind.

15. Yeah thats how it is here in the summer breath taking hot

16. Depending upon where you are in virginia. In the higher appalachians it colder than somewhere in lower elevation

17. Well in richmond it gets crazy hot

18. Same in Baltimore did you guys get hit by that storm Last Summer I think it was called a duratio? But we lost power over here in neighborhood for like 11 days

19. Yeah we lost power for about 7 days

20. Anyone know any good soil mixes?