Virginia outdoor growers come!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by downw/thesystem, Feb 6, 2006.

1. #21 virginiared, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
    YO Im in FREDERICKSBURG!!! I got a nice little garden, I only got ONE female out of 4. But she is gorgeous, 3 huge colas and tons of off shoots:hello:...I have no clue what strain it is so im calling it Virginia Red for obvious reasons and because of the Virginia Red clay we have here haha, The ONLY problem Ive had is with animals eating my stuff, but I fixed that problem. ITS BEEN SO DRY HERE, but HELLO TO ALL IN VA!!!
    -J from Va
    ILL BE POSTING PICS OF HER SOON!!! There are alot of areas especially where I am where no one goes, and the undergrowth from the forest hides it. AND Im able to CHECK THE PLANT ABOUT 2 TIMES A DAY! Its a 2 min walk from where I live.
    ALL OUTDOORS!!!:hello:

2. Me and my friend just finished a gurella grow in our neighbor hood. Didnt turn out too well.
    1. wasnt secluded enough( one of our friends that we didnt tell stumbled back there and stepped on a few younglings while he was tokin.)
    2. wasnt enough sunlight( had to cut down medium trees with hatchet :( )
    3. out of the six we had, one lived. And it was male. :( . But i see cookies in our future.

next season we hope to put more effort into it and get better results.
    we used random dank seeds. Last plant was about 2.5 ft tall.

3. DAMN!!! That sucks!!! I planted like 6 and out of SIX PLANTS ONE was female. It was because I didnt mix enough potting soil into this virginia red clay we got here. But yeah I saved and chopped all my males and made really chronic butter out of them. My female is looking really good. 3 BIG colas, and buds in every node and offshoot.
    Im about 3 or so weeks away from harvest, maybe 4, but this girl I got is beautiful. Im calling her Virginia Red because of the reddish soil, but shes growing like crazy cus I made sure to fertilize and dig a big hole and fill it with miracle grow vegatable soil that had fertilizer already in it.

But with the males i chopped half and put them in alchohol and then let the alchohol dry off and I got crucial oil from it, then the other half I made butter with. Everyone told me it wasnt worth it but it really is. JUST dont let the temp get about 150 F.

Its tought to grow in VA because alot like 75+ become males. But the females I have do AMAZING.
    I have 4 more seedlings that are about 7 inches tall right now and already sexing 3 female and 4 male. I know its a little late in the season but they will still produce at least a half each from the 3 females.

But its tight Ill prob get about 4+ oz off my VA red plant, and its only 25 inches tall. Its just covered in buds. Im really excited to harvest that i cant wait.

The only other problem I had is with deer but I just put up a heavy duty fence and fishing line. I havent told anyone where I planted it so its safe. Its only a 2 min walk away so I can check on em 2 times a day. But dont give up, its late in the season but we are gonna have a mild autumn. So germinate more seeds get some potting soil and slow release fert, and you will have at least some home grown to smoke.

Its been so dry here I havent been able to chief in weeks, so Im drooling over my lady haha.
    Make sure your plants can either get a shitload of morning light or just all afternoon light, you just have to check the spots out.
    My girl is in a great place where after about 1230 pm she gets straight sunlight till dusk.

How many plants did u have and what other probs did u have? I cant believe that dude walked on ur garden, It sucks to loose plants to shit like that because you take care of them and stuff. Im lucky because if it doesnt rain i just drag the hose down and water em, instead of some people that need to bring jugs of water miles into the forest lol

Keep on Postin!!! Tell all ur VA friends to get on! Keep Chiefin!!
    I WISH I WAS!!!!

So dry in the BURG:(

4. I live in chesapeake so we have had sooooo much rain. probably the reason it was so short.
    do you have any clue what strain you have?

We are planing to buy some seeds and plant in april. dont think we will be planting this late in summer.

5. Well up here in Fred, there hasnt been rain for over a week an half. But luckily im within hose range of my females, I just watered them again today and shes doing GREAT! There are 3 colas, and about 8 off shoot buds. The hairs are already turning pinkish, so im thinking it will be ready by end of august or first week in sept. I just germinated another 3 and I can make those sex about 2 weeks from now. Note there wont be a huge score off the ones that just sprouted, but we will have a warm autumn, so I think of the ones that just sprouted ill be able to get a quarter at most out of each of the three (if they are females) But
    My MAIN female the one I call Virginia Red, Is most likely a sat ind hybrid because its short with a ton of buds and calyxs, but the all the fan leafs on it are just 5 individual leafs, and they are like in the middle between sativa (skinny) and indica (fat), so its def some kind of hybrid, Ill post pics asap in a day or so when I get my digi camera. theres a ton of crystal coming on em, and shes just blowin up everyday. I have no idea what strain, but its skunky smelling and i think its a hybrid btwn indy and sat. Ill get about 4+oz just off that one baby! Ill post some pics. I got some REALLY good seeds too. Whatever strain I have is doing amazing in this VA soil, note I put down and mixed miracle grow veggie soil in with the top soil (va red clay) but its still doing awesome. I fertilize with a slow release thing that comes in like beads of fert also by miracle grow. Its not burning the leafs or anything, its nice green all over and will harvest REALLY soon. But A DEER CAME RIGHT WHEN IT SHOWED ONE WHITE HAIR A FEW WEEKS AGO AND NIPPED HALF THE PLANT OFF, BUT I PUT UP A HUGE FENCE AND ITS ALL PROTECTED, SO I THINK SINCE THE DEER TRIMMED IT FOR ME ILL HAVE A SHORTER PLANT WITH MORE HARVEST, CUS THE COLAS ARE BIG NOW WITH PINKISH HAIRS AND THE OFF SHOOT BUDS ARE ALL WHITE...
    When I post the pics Ill need some help of ID'ing the Strain!
    Thanks!
    But yeah I got good seeds always and have a good connect here but its a little dry lately so Im really looking forward to this years harvest

6. good luck

ill probably keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else has a good local yeild. then in spring ill start a grow journal or something.

7. #27 pumped1228, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    If these damn 90+ degree days would stop!! I am just starting to see pre flowering now. Shes nice and small but thick 4' max (outside/5g pot)

8. what time do you guys usually finnish in VA.

9. This is my first grow and I got a late start (early june) So I am guessing Oct for me

10. #30 virginiared, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    It def going to be september maybe 1st or 2nd week maybe longer maybe sooner like end of Aug but unlikely. Its about 2-3 weeks into flowering, but the hairs are still white and the crystals clear, some of the hair's tips have begun to turn pink, so Im thinking about 4 more weeks, Im expecting at least 4+ oz ...Will post current pics...She is looking super healthy

11. Either end of this month, or early sept, the plant is really starting to explode! I love my lady Big buds and huge long hairs starting to turn pinkish

12. what strain do you have? U planted in June? I made sure to plant early this year like late april early may, Its a stout plant I got too, Its def been bred to be short and thick, its only about 30+inches tall right now but 3 colas and about 8 off shoots with thick buds all over the nodes,

13. im really jealous of how cool that bud looked

14. Hell bro I planted 4 seads I found in a nice bag of smoke. 2 didnt make it but the other 2 are going strong. I will get some pics up later but I am sure its in pre flower mode right now.

15. Sorry for the bad pics. Had to use my cell

Attached Files:

16. Looks nice and bushy and healthy. It should be flowering very soon now. I'd give her light N ferts until it really flowers (white hairs). Then, shift to flowering ferts. Good job man.

17. I have been mixing 2tbs of miracle gro all purpose plant food per 1/2gallon of h20 and watering every 3-4 days. I will pick up some big bloom this weekend. I know MG isnt the best to use but as this low amount it seems to be doing ok.

18. Anybody here live close to Charlottesville. I currently have a few plants that survived since april. the soil quality is pretty bad and so is outdoor location. If ANYONE on here lives near c'ville and to chat LET ME KNOW!

19. aint from virginy but went to w.v. for allgood was lookin around and can i tell you yall virginiarrs got the best place to grow

20. [quote name='"wezblazed45"']Anybody here live close to Charlottesville. I currently have a few plants that survived since april. the soil quality is pretty bad and so is outdoor location. If ANYONE on here lives near c'ville and to chat LET ME KNOW![/quote]

Im in cville and soil here is horrible I make my own.....