Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Suppositories

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by thedeadwalkk, May 6, 2011.

1. #1 thedeadwalkk, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
    Now, as you read the title you may be asking "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY THINKING". I'm all with you on that, it is pretty wierd, but its pretty awesome!
    You save TONS of chronic, and you get a nice stoney feeling.
    There are a few ways to do this
    1: Squirt a Glycerin tincture up your butt hole
    2: Make THC suppositories with butter
    3: Idk if this is true, but OSG in my other thread said you could shove pure hash up your bung hole and get high ( will have to try this later)
    4: Shove honey oil up your bunghole ( don't know if this will work, however a few people in my other thread have said it should. )

In this guide I'll be reviewing the butter method. Although be warned you will have butter/weed smelling farts and shits for the next day or so.

What you need:
    1) 1-1.5 grams of chronic ( you can add more if you want )
    2) 3-4 tablespoons of butter
    3) Plate
    4) a bowl
    6) Seran Wrap
    -----------------------------
    Instructions:
    1) Decarboxylate your marijuana. To do this grind up all the bud your using, and microwave for about 20 seconds, 2-3 times. Making sure not to burn your weed
    2)Put your decarboxylated weed, into a bowl with the butter, and cover with seran wrap
    3) Microwave until butter boils, and let it boil for about 10 seconds. Take it out of the microwave and stir for 2 minutes. Do this 2-3 times
    4) After you have microwaved and stirred the mix, let it sit for about a minute, while you make your suppositories with aluminum foil. To do this take a big sheet of aluminum, and fold it around your finger ( yes you'll be shoving this up your ass ).
    5) After you make the suppositories, fill the foil with your mix, and put it in the freezer
    6) Once it has frozen, take it out and let the outer layer warm up a bit
    7) Lube up your sphincter, and the suppository and shove it in.

The butter method is the least efficient, but it will still get you good. Its important that you blaze after 5-10 min. You don't even need to blaze much, a hit or two and you will be good.

Make sure you empty your bowels before shoving it up there. And it doesn't hurt, it pretty much gets sucked up into your ass.

2. is there no risk of the butter somehow leaking out of my anus? Im straight so my hole should be pritty normal. Any thoughts OP? :)

3. It doesn't leak out, you may just get greasy chops, so if that happens just go and wipe your ass. IF you have a really losoe sphincter, then your probably shit out of luck

4. Seems a little crackhead-like if you ask me, shoving stuff up your ass to catch a buzz. :confused:

5. I could say smoking stuff to catch a buzz is a little crack head like. It may conflict with your views, but it was a funny experiment LOL

6. His other thread was 20+ pages, haha +1 for the fucking guide man.

7. (You can find dang near everything to do with cannabis in my List! It's that 1st link in my sig)

US Patent 5389375 - Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of Ɗ9 -thc (full - 1995)
    Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of

US Patent 5508037 - Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of Ɗ9 -THC (full - 1996)
    Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of

The effect of orally and rectally administered delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on spasticity: a pilot study with 2 patients. (abst - 1996)
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

8. There's a line that i'm willing to cross to get high

This crosses the line

• Like Like x 1
  9. will not be trying its cool that that way of administrating it works but not for melol

10. Also this is very useful for
    1) immediate nausea relief ( within 2-5 minutes )
    2) Save your weed, and get a different style high
    3) If you use weed medically, this route will speed up your absoprtion

11. It better get me to Oprah if I am going to shove good weed up my ass.

[​IMG]

12. Kudos for having the balls to admit you tried putting cannabis in your bum hole. They should make condoms coated in cannabis oil. Might be easier to talk a lady into anal that way. Just sayin'.

13. Last post was obviously a joke, this could be useful for patients with bad stomach problems that can't / hate smoking though. Too bad you can't just get a cap'n'fill or whatever its called, fill'n'shove' maybe?

14. i heard KY is making hash lube now

15. just out of curiosity, you mentioned that butter wasn't the best.

what would be the best thing to mix the herb with in this instance?

16. You want an oil that is as pure as possible, and milk-solid/protein and water free, so it reduces the risk of harboring any harmful bacteria.
    Coconut oil, clarified butter, palm oil, or lastly olive oil would be good in this instance, however, when you take cannabis as a suppository you are in effect bypassing the liver to a great extent.

This can be a good, or a bad thing, depending on your desired outcome.

------

If you have liver, or upper digestive tract problems, tumors, or cancers in that general region which you are trying to treat with cannabis, for instance, you will want to take your meds in such a way that allows for the most direct exposure and contact possible. That would be oral digestion and portal vein absorption.

And, just as important to some patients (and recreational users...), your liver also causes additional cannabinoid conversion and further potentiates and intensifies the effect of your cannabinoids, as they pass through.

When your liver is not 'starving', it will not burn through and over-metabolize your cannabinoids, but instead it will allow some though as the active D9-THC, and it converts the rest to a more powerful, more active (some say, by up to 5-times) form, known as 11-OH-THC.
    If you use a canna (or any) suppository, the medical community has found that the majority, or almost all (between %60 - %90) of liver conversion and exposure potential is lost. :(

What's worse, if a patient uses one of the more common, too-available oil sources, high in LCTs (Palm, Olive, Corn), rather than S/MCTs (butter, coconut oil etc.), you'll achieve almost zero liver conversion with a suppository.

---

But, I mentioned there was a positive to suppository use; bypassing the liver, reducing its contact with cannabinoids, can actually be very good and even crucial, for certain patients who need to medicate to control their nausea and peak their appetites, before eating..... they may not be able to swallow even a capsule, let alone an entire brownie to get their dose, but a suppository will still at least deliver the cannabinoids as they are, in their current state, through the cellular walls in veins (known as 'lower-mid hemorrhoidal veins') which then enter vessels that drain into the inferior vena cava, effectively entering the blood stream this way, rather than passing through the liver before distribution.

If you simply can not eat for many hours before taking an edible, to prime your liver (when first waking up in the morning for instance), and if you can not even stomach an edible which could at least partially satisfy your liver with some of its increased fat and sugar content, then taking a usually-potent capsule orally, can cause its potency to be over-metabolized and destroyed by the liver. When this is the case, a suppository is the ideal countermeasure.

A patient can achieve decent medicinal effect this way.... but if he had instead been able to 'feed' his liver a small oily meal to avoid over-metabolizing and burning up the cannabinoids upon entry, and if he'd been able to consume his dose orally an hour or so later, he would have experienced MUCH more pronounced effects, from the same amount of material, due to the additional conversion that takes place in the liver. For the best effect, if a suppository is required, a SCT/MCT oil is your best option if you want to direct the most potency through your liver.

-----

So it really depends on what you're going for, or your desired outcome... if you need to medicate with a more mild sensation, with increased energy, fewer sedative effects, and less potential for pain-relief, then the suppository and sublingual/buccal administration methods for cannabis-based meds would be the way to go. Keep in mind that the dose can be increased dramatically when using suppository or sublingual (under the tongue) absorption, withoutfeeling as much increased sensation(this is good for MS patients, and those patients who require high doses of medicine to combat tumors and cancers, but wish to maintain a certain level of functionality). This may seem counterproductive for those looking for sedative, or recreational benefits.

But if you need pain relief, rest, sedation and sleep, so you can recover and heal, along with the regenerative and other medicinal benefits of cannabis, then oral-digestive administration would be the best route. Remember that this can provide more pronounced, and more powerful sensations, from less material. So if you're enjoying cannabis recreationally, digestion is probably the best way to go :)

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The above link also contains recipes on the first page for....

Capsules... these may be taken orally, or as a suppository.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glycerin tincture may also be used, but must either be delivered immediately after encapsulation to avoid the capsule breaking down, or it must be simply injected using a soft, blunt-ended syringe, which for most patients can be a bit more challenging at first.

Hope this helps!

:)

17. Been searching for this topic.  Was surprised by the posts that denigrated suppositories and assumptions it was just for intoxication maximization.

My doctor thinks i have prostate cancer but i am not willing to undergo the brutalization of chemo and radiation so am looking for alternatives.  Prostate biopsies are incredibly dangerous! It only makes sense that one would want to saturate the area around the prostate with cannabinoids since it could be localized totally to the exact area within an inch or two of the prostate  Question is...how much saturation and transmission would occur in that particular area due to the thickness of the membrane in the rectum?  Seems like it would be a lot more effective than a drop hemp oil the size of a grain of rice on the tongue.  Has anyone heard of potential of administering through enemas?  Soaking in that area for a while might be very effective.  Also, have read cannabinoids can cure hemorrhoids.  It would be too sweet to kill two birds with one stone.  One other thing I read was that by bypassing the liver, the cannabinoids are much more powerful.
    Will be interesting to see where all of this goes. 

18. Okay so dumb question. Does it get you high like smoking pot. I personally do not enjoy smoking pot. I get anxiety but my Dr just gave me this for pain mgmt and I'm nervous to take it. I've been on several sites and there are mixed reviews on the effects on the person. Any advice is appreciated. I included a pic below to showcase the ingredients.

19. Nobody ask OP to pack it up