when is the best time to start flushing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trchd1, May 6, 2011.

1. I have a lady that is getting red hairs at this time. Its been 7 1/2 weeks flowering

The trikes are still clear.

When do you guys think I should start my pure water flush? I plan on a 2 week flush

When the trikes are still clear or when they get cloudy?

I plan on letting it go till the trikes are amber for the super stone but how long does it take to go from clear to amber? :confused:

2. Soil or Hydro?

3. Its in a 5 gallon bucket of Soil

4. Using 5gal buckets, I like to flush as the last watering before harvest. If you try to flush too early, the plants can stall or have other problems just before harvest, when you won't have time to fix them. Once you wash away all of the nutrients in the soil, the clock is ticking for when you'll either have to harvest or feed them again. The plants will be able to go about 50% longer before needing water (i.e. before harvesting) after flushing than they would after normal watering, both because the soil gets soaked more and because it's ok if they're a little dry when you start drying them.

5. two weeks or so before harvest just flush the pot with 3x the amount of soil you have in there. So if you have a 3 gallon pot flush with 9 gallons

6. So you dont pay attention to your trikes and what color they are till you flush that last week?

7. 10 days before harvest

8. I wouldn't flush til you get some amber coming in if your goin for mostly amber. Mine had been mostly cloudy for 3+ weeks And did not start to get some amber til almost 10 weeks in.but every strain is diff. You def don't wanna flush too early tho.

9. Oh yes I certainly watch the stigmas and trichomes to determine when that final flush should take place. With completely unknown strains, I also quick-dry small samples of bud in the microwave to test the smoke. When they're about two times the length of a watering cycle from being perfectly ripe, they get their final flush. The extra wet soil lasts around 1.5 watering cycles and the last day or two of ripening is spent upside down in the dark. Even knowing the flowering time of a strain very well, different plant sizes and growing conditions can change how long it takes. Imho inspecting the ripeness of the buds is important for finding the ideal flushing & harvesting times, no matter how well the grower knows the plant.

10. yeah what he said.

11. After you poop, not before.

12. Seriously though, more flushing doesn't hurt. I give it a nice hard one when I switch to flower to get some of the nitrogen out (nitrogen gives the buds a yucky filmy taste), then again 3 weeks from finish to be safe. After the second flush I give it one, maybe two doses of that "big bloom" stuff and that's it. Unless you're growing a full on Sativa indoors then just mark the dates on your calender and you shouldn't have to worry about flushing too early.

13. Wow thats a new one on me with the nitrogen thing. I will try that on my next batch. So when in flowering stage STAY AWAY FROM HIGH DOSES OF NITROGEN :eek:

14. #14 HypnoticElement, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    Alright, so I'm confused as shit right now about this whole flushing business.

So please confirm if I understand this correctly.

2 weeks before harvest water the plants with water only, correct?
    10 days before harvest flush the pot with water with the 3x the capacity of the pot?

Do I continue to water with water only until the harvest after the flush?

15. Anyone? I'm almost at 2 weeks to go, I want to be ready for this. +rep for help of course

16. When I mean flushing I was talking about just using straight water for the last week or two from what some people say

Not by literally drowning it in a ton of water

17. :hello:ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! WHEREYA AT!? WEREYA AT? WEREYA AT?! WERYA AT! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!:hello:

:eek:

18. Yes that is it.

I suppose you could keep watering after harvest if you want to ... But yes. I would say that is correct.

But if you fuck anything up, you live and you learn. I like a 50/50 milky amber color. So with my lemon Thai kush, 9 weeks in, when it's mostly milky I start the flush.

You want it somewhere close like that. I'm using bubbleponics with florakleen during the flush btw

19. Yes that is it.

I suppose you could keep watering after harvest if you want to ... But yes. I would say that is correct.

But if you fuck anything up, you live and you learn. I like a 50/50 milky amber color. So with my lemon Thai kush, 9 weeks in, when it's mostly milky I start the flush.

You want it somewhere close like that. I'm using bubbleponics with florakleen during the flush btw

20. Yes that is it.