Does vaporizers release mold spores too or no?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Wonka, May 5, 2011.

1. #1 Wonka, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Well, I decided to drop in and finally do myself good, well my body isn't, 3 months ago got diagnosed with cancer, stage 4 neuroblastoma. So pretty much, I can't smoke cause I get crazy strong chemo, I already got a fungal pneumonia infection in my lungs so it's totally out. So down to edibles......and vaporizers?

Thats just it, I douno, doc said smoking can release fungal spores in the pot so it's out, not saying I smoke mold chunks, nothing but name strain that I look at closely even before, but to be safe.

Anyone know if vaporizers have the potential to release the fungal mold spores in bud like smoking does or is it safe?

2. I would like to know as well... I would think most edis would be

3. If you find the correct temperature for your specific vaporizer, to where it doesn't combust the cannabis at all, you can easily avoid the release of unwanted materials.

4. While this is true for toxins such as benzine and carbon monoxide, the OP is asking about fungal mold spores. He has a LOT to risk here, so before he takes your statement as gospel, I have to ask you for some links to documentation that supports what you just said. "Unwanted materials" covers a pretty large fucking area, so lets narrow it down to what he is specifically asking about, which is fungal mold spores.

5. #5 Wonka, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    I suppose.. just not sure is all. I'll look into some medical forums to see if anyone has done this sorta talk already. Cheers.

Edit: btw Iwien, thanks and yea your right, I should propose this to my docs at hopkins so they can do a study on it actually. lol. But in seriousness, in preventing spores from multiplying I guess freeze the herb. But that's just preventative. Also, got the same grinder as you,, good stuff.