What is a big yeilding potent strain

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Rudeboi357, May 4, 2011.

1. #21 Hank Alvarez, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Gentlemen, and possibly ladies, (I can't always tell by the handles): thank you for the info. I was saddened to learn that the seed book I wanted that they advertised in this month's HIGH TIMES was not available, and they couldn't tell me when it was likely to change. I've tried to get information from suppliers but they seldom answer emails and if they do it's a bullshit excuse of why they can't advise you because what we're doing is illegal and they're only selling novelties. I guess that forces us to learn from each other because if you look at some of their sites on the internet they're followed by a chorus of complaints by people who said to be ripped off. They're asking for what I feel is an undeserved leap of faith from their prospective customers. Thanks again, Hank

2. I've always bought off of Attitude and had seeds shipped to 4 different US states. Never had an issue and always had good germ rates. Their prices are buffed up right now due to the outdoor season but they tend to drop a bit mid to late summer. I bought a pack of feminized Northern Lights #1 from Nirvana last winter and it was about 1/2 the price of what it is now.

I buy clones/seeds from friends or the dispensary during the outdoor season and buy online for the off season.

3. WACaregiver: I too like clones but unless you clone your own they're hard to introduce into an Aerogarden because out here we usually see them in a 4" dirt pot. I'll take a look at Nirvana. Attitude was one of the ones they were bad mouthing on the internet. Thanks, Hank

• Like Like x 1
  4. Attitude isn't a breeder like Nirvana, it is a wholesale seed provider. I personally have never had a single problem with them and RARELY see a bad review on them. The only complaints I hear are bad germination rates but attitude is good about replacing bad batches and that falls more on the breeder than the seller if stored correctly.

All the dispensaries around here only offer clones in dirt but when I asked, they allowed me to go in the back and pick a fresh clipping. They wrapped it in a damp paper towel, threw it in a bag, and sent me on my way. It never hurts to ask.

5. I'm lovin the feed back frm u guy as I am jus tryin to gather info n also doin research before I start growing wat is a good lighting set up for ten plants to start wit n to five potent good yielding strain I'm most def goin to try the blacks but any other suggestions. Thanks for the help guys its appreciated .

6. #26 Hank Alvarez, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    Rudeboi357: There are a lot of us looking for the perfect strain that suits our individual circumstances. I've happily grown my meds indoors with what I think are referred to as as 'bag seeds' I got out of a joint years ago. I've done that with my Aerogardens for the last five years and I've become pretty knowledgeable with that aspect of growing M/J. As a result I've tried to help anyone interested in cultivating their medical marijuana with an Aerogarden. One guy at another forum accused me of being paid off. I'm not. I'm just a happy customer of theirs.

But I don't know shit about the new strains of cannabis. If you've followed my posts you'll find that I concluded after a cursory search that vendors don't really offer us much help. That's true with a lot of information that would help us to better cultivate our meds. At the local hydro courses offered by the community college the very word cannabis is taboo. That leaves us having to network amongst our selves and most of the good advice I've gathered on this subject came from guys like: WACaregiver, The Bud In The Hat and Dr. Big Plant, to name a few.

My friends tell me I should shut up and be satisfied with what I have. The problem is I know there are new strains out there that might be better. Evidently I've been asleep during this whole cannabis genetic revolution. Apparently it's brought us a lot of new exotic strains. I woke up when my interest was sparked by a National Geographic special last year on the marijuana industry. Later I saw a photo of a strain someone had torn out of a magazine that looked like a little pyramid or Christmas tree full of buds. The photo also included the image of a hand and arm up to near the elbow. If it wasn't photo shopped trickery the scale would be just about right for my little Aerogarden because it has a practical growing height limit of 23 inches. So if we have a common interest let's keep helping each other. If I run into a something that helps me I'll let you know and hope you'll do the same. Hank

7. Im pretty new here but have been growing for a while. If your really worried about the height of the plant 1) try to shy away from Sativa type plants. If thats what ur gonna grow, you can control the height by reducing the number of wks you veg the plant. Instead of 4-5 wks veg cut it back to 3. 2) Indica type plants are naturally pretty short and stocky plants but tend to give u that couchlock high. That also can be controlled by keeping an eye on your trichromes. If you want couchlock then let them get amber color 50-70% at harvest. If you want the uppity high, harvest them when they are milky color. You'll have to exparament for a few to be sure what you want. Hope that helps and hope I didnt step on any toes here. Good Luck and Happy Growing myfriend.

8. #28 Hank Alvarez, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Tim4960: No, hell no, don't worry about stepping on toes around here. I aked for help and you offered it. Thank you. Apparently I have both types Sativa and Indica and the Indica aren't as much of a height problem as the sativa. I've found that the Indica also has more of an ability to block pain. I was just hoping I could find something new on the market that was shorter and easier to work with in my little Aeorgardens. I usually don't harvest until most of the trikes are a coffee with cream color or they've turned to a reddish hue in my microscope. My home grown meds have to compete with 750 mg of codeine that I'm only supposed to take every four to six hours. The codeine takes over an hour to kick in and then I'm a vegetable. Vaporized, my home grown meds take effect faster, within a minute or so, and they last just about as long when all my physical ailments attack at the same time. Thanks again, I appreciate you help. Hank

9. Iam currantly trying a ak47/lowrider strain from Attitude.They say its a high yielding dwarf strain that gets only 65 to 70 cm.Matures in 70 to 75 days.We shall see.....

10. Pokahu: thanks for the feedback. 65cm would be around two feet so that would be doable. How'd you get them to talk to you? My inquiries to them went unanswered. Please keep us informed. Hank

11. #31 pohaku, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Hank:I didnt ask to talk to them.While lurking through threads I found alot of people trusted Attitude for there desgretness.I went to the website,looked at the autoflowering strain,and seen the ak47/lowrider.It gave a brief description and I thought it would work for an aerogarden.Im about 3 weeks in now and everthing is looking good....

12. Pohaku: thanks. I will certainly give them a look. Thanks again, Hank

13. Thank u every one for ur input as I knw growers personally but they r successful n seem they dnt want anyone else to be successful so this will most def helpe attain my goals as a grower let's help each other out once again thanks for ur advice n keep addin new stuff one love

14. Im running Dinafem Critical Plus Its a hybrid of Big bud and Skunk #1 .Dense huge buds with incredible potency and fruity bubblegum taste.

15. Rudeboi357: I don't think you'll find too many people like that around here because I think that's the whole idea of a forum: to allow the free exchange of ideas and information.

I know I've me some people like that at school who claim to have 'secrets' but when you corner them all they seem to have is bullshit. As I see it, if we expect others to help us I think we have a mutual responsibility to help each other when we can. Occasionally you'll get some horse's asses who only respect their own ideas and tries to put others down but there aren't many here. I gotten some great ideas and guidance from my friends here. Hank

16. Blackbeard2012: How big/tall do they get? And, do you mind if I ask: where did you buy them? If it's a small strain I'd be interested. Thanks, Hank

17. If anyone is into LEDs I jus found out there is a new 3 watt led UFO n not sure if they made a panel yet but I knw before there were only 2 watt LEDs n as for strains one of the growers I knew said that kush # 18 is one of the best kush plants u can get rocklock I have seen grow in poor conditions n still got an oz or more of bud n it's short less that 3 feet tall n potent also I saw ak48 grow short but wit about an oz or more n about 3 feet tall or shorter the growers I knw try to grow their plants short n small yo get an oz of dried bud bud because their grows thend to have at minimum 16 plants so the smaller the better for them

18. All I grow is a strain called BigBomb it is a highbred of Big Bud & Bomb #1 from Bomb seeds in Holland they sell them on a site called weedseeds.com

19. whats up man want killer heavy yeilds i just broke my one record i grow cheese in coco with house and garden and one plant indoor five feet off the floor cut and dry to snap stem i got 315 with out the bag BANG this is no bullshit try it for your self ps find the strain you like and stick with it :hello:

20. God's Gift
    Big Bud
    Blue Dreams
    Casey Jones
    Blueberry

Probably in that order. All of these strains are high quality buds that yield well and and are frequently stocked in the clubs. I've never seen an AK or Northern Lights that I would rate anything above mids, so I personally wouldn't bother with either of those strains.