New toy - phire legacy

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by imnickim, Apr 29, 2011.

1. #41 bostonbuds87, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    dude honestly you can say whatever you want about phires, but the op spent 420 on a phire, for that price you could have got a SG/luke wilson/ben wilson/EFS/2010 or 2011 bc/roor/SGW/illadelph and they ALL would have been a better choice. If you are gonna argue that phire is better than those then you are largely mistaken, they are mass produced and have a ton of drag because their company is about profits not quality, or else people would be raving about how nice they are like people do with SG. Id take a SG stemline over that any day for about half the price and probably double the diffusion.

If the op likes it, that's fine, people should be buying what they like based on their own preferences. But for that price he could have had better functionability and diffusion.

2. #42 KGann, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I was completely agreeing with this post until the "drag" part. Glass "snobs" just have to throw little performance comments in there. (Cant complain, if I wasn't a quality snob in my profession, I would be homeless!) Neither of mine have much drag, and no one I know who owns one ever has, or will complain about drag. For $420, there are MUCH better options. Every brand you listed offers much better features at much cheaper prices.

Coming on this forum was funny... I've been smoking for going on 20 years, and collecting glass since '01. (Nice glass, that is) I come on here, and there are these wars about quality, all of which is normally speculation, and bash others for their purchase. I never knew the counter culture even had an ego like this. Commenting on quality is one thing, but there are some on here who loooove to run into a thread like this, just so they can mimic what others have said, as most don't have any experience with the said brand. (Not talking to you BostonBuds)

3. grasscity is a tumultuous environment, half the people are here to show off their new smoking apparatus and the other half are here to show off their new high quality smoking apparatus, and the two tend to conflict because one person cares about personal preference whereas the other cares about quality and functionability, i guess it just depends what you value

4. #44 KGann, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Truth.

Now that's how a debate should end. Both made their points, and it's over. Pay attention intrewebz.

5. Once you get high end glass it changes your perspective, but this phire seems decent. I still stand behind hoss because i owned one and i dropped it and still with stood all the abuse, because its 7mm, so when sj said that 7mm or w/e mm of shitty glass wont stand up to 4mm of good roor boro glass, i call total bullshit on that. Theres reallly janky china glass thats like 3mm with a tree perc barely being able to fit the bore, gets clogged, now thats china at it's worst. I still have a hard thinking that my 5mm sg could withstand a fall like my 7mm hoss. Hopefully i never tip over my sg thought i don't wanna find out.

6. not counting the carbon filter, what could i have gotten for $350. some1 said i could have gotten a better deal with roor and i find that hard to believe just because i see so many that are a couple hundred and all they have is an ice catcher. i know its the name and glass ur also paying for but i guess its just preference.

7. Skip RooR at that price range. (reserving opinion for other prices ranges) Take that $350 and check out Aqualabtechdotcom. LHS for the most part aren't the best places to buy high end glass if you're on a tighter budget (and don't mind waiting).

8. unless you live in like CA, NY or another medical state.
    their headshops obviously have way more high end glass.
    stupid politics.

and an SG stemline is like $310 on aqualabs, thats the main thing you couldve gotten.
    if you want performance, roor's are silly.

roor tech, however, i have seen a couple nice things from.

9. not if ALT is a local head shop as well as the main distributor for sheldon black is local as well ;)

10. Fine exceptions. I do believe I said "most". ;)

11. I mean of course I could have gotten a better deal online but iv never really had that kinda trust in buying online. not only that but id like to hold the bong im going to buy before paying $300+ i might buy an AC online but not expensive glass.

12. i didnt realize you meant what better deal you couldve gotten at a headshop.
    i cant answer that one :wave:

13. have you ever seen the carbon filter with it as one stone? the only ones i see are the tiny rocks. i was trying to find ppl talking about them or at least price comparison but didnt find anything similar to it.

14. #54 flammzrant, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
    ive never heard of that
    you might be thinking of a healthstone?
    [​IMG]

carbonite bongs also have carbon disks in them, but i dont think you can get them separate. heard they suck anyways.
    [​IMG]

edit: also, the carbon filter is a glass piece. you put carbon in it. should've said that first.
    [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

mines just a small disk stone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxtCa25F6E]YouTube - HEALTH STONE GLASS - Fadeout Friday - The WEED Report Un-Cut[/ame]
    an example of someone using the healthstone, they use it for shit i wish i had haha. the ones with that stone are where u put wat ur smoking, this goes as an attachment. i actually thought it was the healthstone when i first bought it haha.

16. Smoke rings in aurora il??

17. nopee

18. did you just try to explain a healthstone to me?

again, havent seen the little carbon disks like what youve got

19. haha wat do u mean did i try to explain it. u asked a question " you might be thinking of a healthstone?" i was simply putting the info out there. i remembered seeing the video on this guys channel awhile ago and thought id put a better picture of mine up and that thing incase some1 knew wat it was but not wat it was called. idk if u can even put bud on the healthstone

20. it was a rhetorical question thinking you might be confused haha :wave:
    by putting it up, i thought you were implying i didnt know what one was or how/what theyre used for.
    idk if you could either, im thinking so since the stones porous, so smoke should go through it.