Just another bag grow (Sog) Part III

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by justmeagain, Apr 22, 2011.

1. With all the years and grows, I still do bag seed all the time, I hate the idea of buying exotic seeds only to watch them turn male and have to be destroyed :(

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

2. yeah dog, I fucking feel you..
    I only like te idea of buying beans because you know they going to be what you purchased and exotic at the end...

it is still sad to see any bean turn male...

where are the updates bro?

3. One of the Ladies is 48"+ Tall

A couple are under 18" and the rest are between 18" and 36"

:smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

Attached Files:

4. Tent looks killer mayne.

Good things come to those who wait.

5. Not very happy with this grow, 2 weeks and it will fineally be over....

I am altready working on setting up a 12 plant DWC grow..... :smoke:

The DWC will be a new experience for me :eek: :confused:

6. DWC should treat you nicely. Looking forward to pics if you deem them share-worthy. :confused_2:

7. It will be a first time experience for me growing with DWC.

Pictures should be abundant as I will be acting like a Newb with alot of questions :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. I've been running DWC for a few months now. I'm curious about your proposed setup...

9. #89 justmeagain, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    Basic Grow Area:
    5x5x7 Mylar Tent
    12 - 5 Gallon Buckets

Germination:
    1. Start with 30 bag seed
    2. Take the first 12 to 18 that crack and put them into 1" Rockwool cube's sitting in the bottom of cut dixie cups so the cubes can stay moist
    3. Use a 150 watt mh until they sprout
    4. Take the first 12 that sprout and put the cubes in the 6" Net Pots surrounded by Hydroton Rocks and move on to the Veg Stage

Veg:
    Growtek Monster Grow
    12-7-15
    30 to 45 days (depending on height) under 400 watt mh

Flower:
    Growtek Monster Bloom
    0-50-10
    10 weeks under 1000 watt hps
    Finding and killing any males and hopeing for atleast 50/50 leaving me with 6 ladies to grow

Now for the newb questions :)

I would take it that their is a yield difference between useing 3 and 5 gallon buckets and since they both take up the same space I might as well go with the 5 since they are taller and hold more :)

Once I put the seeds into the cubes what str should the nute water be? 1/4 1/3 1/2 ??

Once the cubes are put into the net pots what str should the nute water be? 1/4 1/3 1/2 ??

Once the net pots are placed in the 5 gallon buckets what level should the water be in the buckets.

I do understand that once the roots start to grow longer and longer the water level needed will decrease, its the beginning levels that have me sorta confused

10. Good for you for going DWC. :hello: I've had all the equipment for a couple years. It intimidates me....:eek:

11. 3 Gallons are ok, but to allow for the most root area, I would go 5 Gallon.

Do you plan to start the cubes in a dome first and then place into netpots? I built a mini-bubbler in which I placed an un-germinated seed into a prepared rockwool cube. Then I place it into a 2 inch netpot and into the bubbler. Usually sprouts in 3 days.

As for nutes, I don't use anything more than 1/10 nutes until they have a couple leaf sets, and then between 75% and full strength. You could work up to that slower if you want to.

Once I have a little root system built up in my mini bubbler, I pull the netpot, and bury it in hydroton in the bucket's netpot lid. If I can pull a couple root tips through the bottom of the pot, I will.

By that point I am using full strength nutes. As for the water level, I'd say the normal level is 1 inch below the net pot. You may want to have it higher (like flush against the bottom of the pot) when the plant is young and doesn't have a strong root system yet.

:smoke:

12. After doing alot of reading Journals it intrigues me :)

13. I went and did massive reading all night and found a really cool way to DWC that I sure hope the hell works for me :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/600352-budslingers-recirculating-bubble-buckets.html

I decided on doing this method with hopefully 8 buckets connected to the reservoir instead of 4

I decided on using 5 gallon buckets.

I figure after germination to just put the seed into the cubes and then into cut dixie cups and leave them in a tray under 150 mh light till I can see roots growing. Then put them into the netpot.

I got excited and ordered a new pH and TDS meter from eBay just for the DWC.

I picked up a very nice Canon Digital Camera with a few different lens's including some telephoto and even some magnifiers (2,4,5,10) so I plan quite a few pics of the grow as it progresses

Thanks for the advice on the nute strength

14. Budslinger is a great one to learn from! :D he's the best ;)

15. I sure hope so :)

16. thanks buzz...:eek:..ur to kind...
    no worries man...Ill be around and will help ya any way i can.
    It really is easy once you get going..
    Once ur ready let me know...Ill tag along for sure...:D

17. I will have a dry weight tally soon for this grow, its gonna be really shitty :(

18. Dry weight came in at 6 3/4 Oz, It was the worst ever grow I have done :mad:

19. That sucks man, your new setup should kick ass though! :metal:

20. Thanks,

I hope it does a lot better :)