Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Albino Marijuana Genetics (White Leaves and White Buds) *Pictures*

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Typewritermonky, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Poor quality? …really?
    I think it's time to pull the head out of the ass! No offence sir just facts!
    This is now 2013 and we are only now discovering the significance and variables of Cannabinoids in this incredible medicine.
    And the key word in this discovery is synergy.
    Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects.
    Show us the science of your condemning statements and we can continue this discussion.
    You remind me of the ignorance of even modern doctors that chop out patient's tonsils because they don't know what they are for, and are so ignorant to the fact that they are first line defense to the body's immune system.
    O yes we must also butcher out the appendix, what's that you say? You say it's now been recently discovered the critical function of the appendix in the immune system! Yes it has!
    OMG it's half white and therefore poor quality chop it down…. Sad… Sad  ignorance!

2. #62 thewarden, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013

I personally don't know much on the subject and came into the thread with an open mind, but as of now your 'evidence' attesting to this weed's potency is a few semi-relevant analogies and the word 'synergy'... which you didn't even use in a context specific to growing weed. BKS illustrated her point pretty clearly, and provided an in-depth explanation as to why this weed isn't AS good as it could be. not bad, but not as good as it could be. there's a difference

just saying

3. #63 morange, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    A lot of those pictures look like light bleaching. That's happened to me on a handful of occasions when the buds grow too close to the light, yet the temperature isn't too hot to cause heat stress first. I generally try to avoid it though I take it as a sign that the plant is taking too much light in.

The last photograph though, I've seen that for ages but I'm not sure where it originated from, but it could also be a light bleached bud.

4. I still think my pink buds were more unique

Attached Files:

5. I've smoke bleached bud, just very recently. And I'm no scientist, and I don't have the mumbo jumbo words to back me up, I will give my two cents

It got me just as high as some mid-shelf bud would. But the taste.....?!?!?!? Simply amazing. And the only thing that I could think of that would effect the taste? You're not smoking chlorophyll. Now I don't know if this is the exact reason is why I tasted what I tasted, but it was MEGA skunky tasting. But that was it. And obviously, the bag appeal was nice

I will add I stepped into this telling myself "don't let the appeal affect your final decision" and I smoked it like it was normal bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Sorry to point out the short comings of people pointing out short comings. The plant firstly isn't a albino, but pied bald, it's a genetic trait that us reptile breeders even dealing with for years. That explains how it still has green for photosynthesis. I agree that it's not a desirable smoking trait, but ask euro growers that grow for aesthetics then potency this is what some people like.if I had a girl do the same thing she would get to run cycle too due to I wouldn't breed her but have a picture pretty plant to show off in the room full of fine smoke.

7. Man those are some cool pictures, thanks for sharing with us OP. 

8. That looks so beautiful 😍

9. Attached Files:

10. #70 For A Better LifE, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    I know I'm kinda ressing a dead thread, but it just feels like my contribution belongs here.
    Lightbleached obv, but delightful on the eye and tongue alike.

Attached Files:

11. I'm very interested in this variegation.
    Is it a genetic only thing?

I'm currently running some Power Kush in a wall-to-wall ultra-dense ScrOG. The canopy is so complete that the undergrowth is almost white. These buds are probably not seeing much more than 'moonlight' when the cab is closed. But they are feeding off DWC nutes, and are lower offshoots of branches that are feasting on HPS (a little to feasted, some lightburn on the tallest calyxes).
    I run supplementary fans underneath the screen to ensure they can transpire.
    Obviously these buds are nowhere near the size of the top calyxes, but they are starting to really fatten up.
    And they are covered in trichs. As coated with them as any of the plant.
    Are ppl really saying that all that 'moon bud' is basically worthless? That's hard to believe when I sniff or touch them.

If anybody is still following this thread, I'll pop some microscope pics of them tomorrow. Can't open the cab atm.

IMHO Biology is great and all, and I took a bit myself, however despite the knowledge you gain there you have to understand that a plant CANNOT perform to its fullest capability without chlorophyll. An albino plant by nature will not grow or produce as well as a plant with normal genetics. Correct me if I am mistaken, but you cannot just give a plant a different type of nutrient and make it produce energy via a method other than photosynthesis. To my knowledge cannabis doesn't have an alternate energy producing cycles. No matter WHAT quality of light you put it under (Excellent HPS, Flouro, MH, LED, etc.) It CANNOT, by it's very nature, use the aforementioned light. Chlorophyll is the basic foundation of the plant's photosynthesis cycle, therefore without chlorophyll how do you expect a true albino plant to process the light so that it can use the nutrients you feed it? Keep in mind I'm taking into mind that any good grower feeds his or her soil, and not the plant itself...still leaving final components that bacteria and mycorrhizae produce as unusable by the plant, because in the end the light energy is what allows the plant to utilize the nutes....Just my two cents, but all I'm saying is, biology class or not, badkitty is right....if it goes albino, trash it.  

13. I have a plant that popped up yellow and now has turned white. Is this an albino?

This is when it first came up and was yellow.
    [​IMG]

Now its white. Is it an albino or something else? Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]

14. #74 xgjxyj, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    if your plant is albino, does that mean it can suck up other colors in the water like a carnation? [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. #75 rain dancer, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    I have had these genetics and have recorded and documented them in various grow journals on this site.
    Variegation is amazing. I am sure i bred the plant, so the genetics may exist in my seed stock.
    ~ poke

Edit:
    Albino leaf
    [​IMG]

Albino bud
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Saw that journal a while back when I was still doing that. Looks cool if u ask me. Never seen it happen though. Not in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum