Whats the Best Deal on soil for 50-100 plant outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DrGr33nThumb215, Apr 13, 2011.

1. whatsup everyone, i am going to be starting a new out door crop, thinking about doing about 50 plants how much soil do you think i need? I am thinking about using fox farm ocean forrest soil its 11.99 per a bag and i am going to need about a pallet which is 62 bags and pallet price is like 9.99 are there any other quality soils that i can use that will be cheaper as a pallet is about $620 before tax what do you think my best bank for the buck would be depending on how much the soil runs me i might do two 50 plant crops. please let me know any feedback would be great...thanks in advanced

2. Good luck bro! i have no idea about soil, iv got 20 plants but i just used enough potting soil for 1'-1'-1' around each plant. working good so far:)

3. do you have a grow journal i would love to watch how it goes

4. man thats alot of soil i grow large numbers of plants outside and dont spend a dime on soil i dig a nice big hole for roots to grow and plant . the hole reson i grow outside is its cheap free light and you can grow monsters why go and make it so hard on your self whats rong with the ground pic a spot that has good soil so i dont have to lug a palet of soil to the woods just dig a big hole at least a foot in every way and call it good

5. 50 plants. How big are the pots, that you are growing in?

The price you are getting for the fox farm ocean forest for the pallet is pretty good. where I am at a 1.5 cu. ft. bag of ffof costs $15 and some change before tax.

My lady just picked up some 3cu. ft. bags of soil for like $7 and some change. at home depot today. Sounded like it had some decent ingredients. I won't know what it is till she get's home. I'll let you know if it's any good and what it is later.

I will be growing 6 plants in 3ft. x 3ft. planters and I am doing an outdoor perpetual harvest. Right now I have 7 plants that I put out for 12hrs. then I bring them in for 12hrs. and put them in complete dark. One of them has started flowering already. 6 plants will be going out permanently in the planter boxes when the time is right.

6. #6 trichome fiend, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  7. i'm using happy frog soil from fox farm for my outdoor plants this year. it comes in 2 cu ft bags vs 1.5 cu ft bags for the FFOF. where i live a bag of FFOF costs about 11 or 12 bux and the happy frog bags cost about 10. More soil for your dollar and while it might not be quite as premium and have all the extra stuff like FFOF, i think it has enuf good stuff and is worth it to save a few extra bucks.

8. I'm using the happy frog on my indoor GOOD SHIT but here were I'm at your looking at 20 bucks a bag so no way would I ever put that much outdoors my outdoor crops are all in ground with native soils but I also keep my plots a hours walk frome Home so I really pick what I bring out with me wich is a big cooler to stash all my tools and feed in and just work the land up were I need to saves halling a ton of dirt

9. ...check out Brown Dirt Warrior and how he does it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83Bw1F3XPA&feature=related]YouTube - ProhibitionEp2[/ame]

10. I just got some soil from Home Depot approx. $8 for 3 cu. ft. It's called Kellog Garden Soil. It seems fine to me. It contains: composted forest humus, compost, composted chicken manure, worm castings, kelp meal, bat guano and oyster and dolomite lime for ph. It doesn't have perlite so I am gonna have to get some big bags of that.

11. that video is f**ckin sick, i like his style....

12. thanks for the input i am leaning toward happy frog, but i might go with that kellogs or the supersoil from homedepot.... im gonna make some sick ass videos of my plot this year

13. If you ever do this again, Go to your local garden supply store, where you buy bark from. Get there organic soil for like 25.00 a yard of it. AKA a pick up bed full.