Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What does THC content actually mean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by haz155, Apr 12, 2011.

1. So if a plant is grown in optimal conditions and it has a THC content of lets say 15%, does that mean a gram of that bud is 85% plant matter, and 15% THC (resin)?

I posted this in seasoned because I think my question would benefit more from the input of seasoned tokers.

Chz :smoke:

2. well, i wouldn't say its 85 percent "plant" (if by plant you mean just sorta wasted space). if its 15 percent thc, there are still cannabanoids and whatnot active. not only the thc is responsible for the full effect of the high.

plus, and i don't know if this is true or not, but ive heard the testing isn't uniform, there are multiple ways of doing it, and yield different results.

dont take my word for it thouhgh. im sure someone else will have plenty of info on this

3. Yeah man, I hear some companies shake their bud and measure the kief for a thc percentage lol. Thanks for your thoughts

4. true, to much THC alone can make you ultra paranoid. there are the CBD's in there to, that create the chilled out effect. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to the actual question at hand.

5. #5 DeZurich, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    If 1 gram of bud has a 15% thc content, 15% of that bud, so 15 centigrams, of that bud is thc

6. sounds a little sketchy wheres bill nye when you need him? but if it's true thats pretty bad ass.

7. Correct.

For conversions in a percent where you don't know the weight, just convert the % to grams. So 15 grams out of 100 grams (15/100) is .15 of THC content or 15 percent. Just do the opposite order to find out weight content. 15% THC is .15 THC * 1 gram is .15 grams of THC or 15 milligrams/gram if you want to convert to the "proper" units.

You could find out what the other 85 percent is, but I imagine people don't really care what it is.

8. hmm, you sound legit but I just don't trust you... got any sources for your info? :D

9. Do you guys really not know that there are 1000 milligrams in a gram?

Enough pulling "facts" out of your ass.

10. Apologies, should be centigrams. I don't always remember my conversions. I just remember standard, kilo^3, mega^6, giga^9, tera^12. I should memorize my lower units.

11. #12 GutteralShiva, Apr 13, 2011
    The %'s don't mean much, because there isn't much known about how the couple of places that test it, actually go about doing it. And THC isn't the only cannabinoid on the plant. There are 30+ known cannabinoids; both psychoactive and non.

12. #13 Jake n Bakee, Apr 13, 2011
    lol...
    15% would be 150mg

13. (nods vigorously) And levels vary wildly even on the same plant. The side that got more light is going to have a completely different cannabinoid profile than the side that got less light etc.

14. I was wondering about this and did a little research, the percentage is the percentage of cannabinoids that are THC, or CBD, or CBN.  now I understand why different strains have such radically different effects!  Wow!