U.S. Government Shutdown.. Why exactly?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlexanderTheGr8, Apr 8, 2011.

1. And by "they" you mean their child who will have to be raised by two people that neither wanted nor, most likely, have the means to provide for him/her?

2. I think most of the posted points are that priorities are not in order...DC spends trillions to kill people in other countries, and 'some' politicians have convinced a number of people that we need to cut expenses via social program elimination (leaving the poor out in the cold....desperate, needing to feed kids, shelter them from the weather...)...the priority should be on OUR needs as a nation, not the needs and desires of 1% that could care less if all the rest were to die (ok, they may regret not keeping some slave labor around as servants....)

3. Its simple both sides are talking out their asses and blaming each other instead of getting a deal done.

Partisan Politics, and Tax dollars at work ladies and gentlemen.

4. I say keep the funding for Planed Parent Hood, they are just aborting future Democrats and leeches of society.. If anything the Republicans should want to keep that program.

5. hehehe the stupidity of washington is so close to culminating

6. I love how half this thread is about abortions :laughing: I was also curious as to why the Government "shut down". The first thing that came to mind (before even reading this thread) was to cut from "defense". What exactly are we defending? Seems more like we are the aggressors...

7. These non-issues are intentionally brought to the forefront of the national debate for that reason.

8. 1. cut social security. if you cannot afford to fund the nation, why are we supporting those who cannot work for themselves? bitter? yes. but if anyone took biology in high school you would understand that according to the rest of the world, only the strong and capable survive. besides, over 70% of the ss beneficiaries are the retired. didn't you guys save money to retire on? plan ahead. cmon people.
    2. cut military. not necessarily the pay of the soldiers, because if you're doing a job you should be compensated for it. HOWEVER. if you cannot afford to fund your nation, WHY THE HELL ARE WE INVADING OTHER NATIONS? WHY DID WE INVADE OTHER NATIONS TO BEGIN WITH? America is not the world police. last I checked our constitution did not state that along with our freedom of speech we had freedom of sticking our noses in other peoples business.

after that, then we'll talk. not everyone will be happy with the budget in the end, but sometimes you need to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you.

9. Well Everyone... began preparing for Government Shutdown...

10. Whoops nvm I spoke too soon.

11. #52 garrison68, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011

So you want to steal all the money that the retired people, though their hard work, paid into Social Security from their salaries, and just let them starve?

Social Darwinism indeed!

12. yeah.. they need to cut from offense.. not defense. If they did that, they'd save a ton of cash.

13. "The best defense is a good offense." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

14. Not when the defense is sinking our country into historic debt. Speaking of historic, do you know by chance, how the soviet union fell?
    :devious:

15. You're right, so my vote is for women to go all Lysistrata on your asses, until conservatives realize that Planned Parenthood is NOT THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

Yes... let's shut down the government to save a tiny fraction of our budget and the sanctity of a few thousand twats, while giving billions more dollars to the richest people on the planet. Makes perfect sense to me.

16. Well of course it was Ronald Reagan that did that, herp derp.:rolleyes::D

17. Right?

MR. GORBACHEV, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!

:laughing:

18. It was because he was such a great leader, unlike the Obamanator. His leaderships skills spooked the Soviets right into destruction with his Star Wars. There was no way any other president could've done it.:devious: