Spiral percs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 122walls, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Should I stay away from coil percs and stick to tree percs?

2. they are a but draggy compared to other percs. mostly depends on how well its made though

3. I'm guessing it's china glass so I'm thinking I should stay away

4. yes. Im yet to see a quality coil perc and Ive only ever seen 2 arm nondiffused coils, so i feel like most any tree is superior.

5. I have seen some good coil percs, but not alot.

6. the ones i've seen claim to be spiral percs, aren't even really percs... it's no different than if you had a whip for your vaporizer which you had twisted into spirals, except with a bong. there's no percolation, it's just a tube. but i'm sure there are decent ones out there.

7. The only decent coils are glycrene coils.

8. What hulk said. Coil percs really just add drag, they're more of a flashy marketing scam to look cool to people that dont know what they're doing so cheap china glass companies can make more money. And ill sadly admit the first time i saw them i thought they'd be badass, but they aren't.

9. they suck. makes you pull like a old lady, my friend bought one, seshed it once and then gave it to me. at first i didnt know why. after i smoked out of it i did. it was awful.

10. I just bought a 18 inch straight tube with a diffused down stem and a spiral perc from Biohazard glass. I'm relatively new to pieces with percs but I love mine. It does create excess drag but personally I prefer to have a nice chug with my tubes. The only issue I have with mine is the bottom hole on each spiral doesn't bubble. Not sure if that's common or not.

11. I had one that was like a 16 inch one with a coil that had 3 holes and was a beaker bottom. Just had to adjust the way I smoked to getting it almost milked, then exhaling, and clearing it. It added a good amount of drag, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's just preference. For what it's worth, I like the bong. Just ended up having to get rid of it, and rarely used it because it was so big and bulky.