Questions on CalMag & Molasses

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NJsteez, Apr 4, 2011.

1. I want rep for this one.

Magnesium deficency: The lower leaves, and later the middle leaves, develop yellow patches between dark green veins. Dark green in the middle and light green to yellow on the edges. Rusty-brown spots on the leaf margins, tips and between the veins as the deficiency progresses. The brownish leaf tips usually curl up b4 dying. Magnesium deficiencies don't usually appear until 4th to the 6th week of growth.

Calcium deficiencies can be diffucult to spot. weak stems, very dark foliage, and very slow growth. Calcium is an immobile nutrient. young leaves show signs b4 anything else. Severe calcium deficincies cause new growing shoots to develope yellowish to purple hues and to disfigure and shrivel and this will lead to the plants death.

I have to give credit where credit is due. I learned this from Jorge Cervantes "Marijuana Horiculture The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible."

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've already repped you and some others.. WOW thanks guys! I know all I should know and more now.

Again... thank you all!

3. When I mentioned the rep I was talking to greenwatcher. The dude that hijaked your thread.

4. Oh yeah and thanks for the rep

5. Grotek Cal-Max which I just bought does not contain Sodium Chloride which by the way is table salt. I just looked at the MDS data sheet. It contains calcium chloride for calcium. I can see no evidence anywhere that calcium chloride is "bad" for plants, in fact it's commonly used for calcium supplements in fertilizers etc. Some CalMags use calcium nitrate, some calcium carbonate, some calcium chloride. No form is "better" than the other, just different ways to distribute it to plants. Sorry had to sign up just to comment on this since this came up on a Google search and it seemed like some unfounded and rather silly comment.

6. #26 flexy123, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    As for CalMag use in general, this especially applies when plants show deficiencies when they grow under LEDs etc. like here, yellowing, so called "LED bleaching".

THIS IS ONLY MY THEORY, but the the bleaching is not a "cal & mag" deficiency per se but an Iron deficiency. And pretty much all CalMags also contain Iron. So if people say if you grow under LED and you get problems like bleaching you need CalMag, my theory is it's really the iron in CalMag that's saving your plants. (Of course this needs to be proven)

(The theory here is that intense LEDs make the plants just grow so fast so they deplete nutrients, especially iron quicker).

[​IMG] Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This thread is four years old. Post in another thread to contradict someone. Leave the zombies to die please.

8. #28 Arthurdankly, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    thanks flexy123.... Thread may be old but the incorrect information still gets read like it's right... I like seeing stuff corrected for those goggling info about products, as I was... Kouchloch???

• Like Like x 1