First time grow, wondering about temps for autoflower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by allhalf425, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hey guys, this is gonna be my first grow, I got 4 autoflowering seeds and 2 regular, all feminized, and I have a pretty good size room for growing and making different spots for different stages. I have a 1000w hps ballast and a 400w hps ballast. My main concern is that the room is above a garage and is not heated. I live in new England so it gets pretty damn cold until summer, at which point it can get to 80 or 90 sometimes (right now it's about 45). I also have another spot I can grow them which is temp regulated with the rest of the house to around 70. The problem with that area is that all the plugs around it are on one fuse, which is for the entire basement, and the 1000w light blows the fuse after about 10 minutes. Which area should I go with? I've heard that autoflowering plants are more resistant to temp changes, but 40 to 50 degrees is pretty damn cold. I haven't tried the 400w in the basement, but I'm hoping it would draw less enough energy to not blow the fuse. However, 400w, from what I've been told, isn't quite enough for 6 plants to grow to full potential. If I made a box and put it in the cold area, would the 1000w provide enough heat to safely grow them?

2. with lights on even if its cold outside the tent a 1000w should be able to keep them warm even the 400w if u dont use the 1000,iv found auto's like 75-82f anywhere between them and ur all good ;)