Community Himalaya Blue Diesel Grow/Smoke Report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by OG GreenFingers, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hello fellow growers and GC members!

I've decided to start community grow/smoke reports and the Himalaya Blue Diesel by Short Stuff is first up! So anyone who has grown or smoked this strain, I beg you to contribute by posting your reports so we can create a wealth of knowledge on this strain:smoke:

It would be great to see all the different phenos and see how different techniques and nutrients affects the outcome of the plant! It can also help people decide if they want to grow this strain or not as it will hopefully contain a good information on the strain from people who have experienced growing it

So please share your knowledge and experience of this strain!

2. So here is my grow/smoke report!

Photoperiod: 20/4 till harvest

Nutrients: Superthrive, BioGrow, BioBloom, Top Max, Organic Blackstrap Molasses.

Light: 600w MH for veg, 600w HPS for flowering

Yield: 27.6 grams

Flowering time: 71 days from seed

Technique: LST

Flush time: 12 days

Notes on strain: Grew thin buds kind of like thai stick. Started purpling through mid-end flowering.

Aroma: Smells intensely of sweet blueberries!

Taste: Tastes like blueberries and smokes very smooth

High: 8/10 Good cerebral high in the beginning followed by a slight body stone.

day 22 from seed

[​IMG]

day 35 from seed

[​IMG]

day 46

[​IMG]

day 65

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harvest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if I missed out on any details!

3. oh yeah growing medium was coco

4. wow, nice buds. i got 10 babies about a week after germ. looks like i can look forward to some purple buds.

5. Ya my friend has about 10 of these from seeds I gave him that are aboute 7 weeks old I think. I am planning on putting 5 of these outdoors in the next couple days, already got 5 pots in the woods with soil. I'm going to put the fencing up tomorrow will take pics of the spot then.

6. PLEASEEE REPLLYYYY

Im thinkin about growin some of this, im a begginer so i have multiple questions.
    1. Im gonna use a grow box dimensions H= 3ft L = 4ft W= 1ft, im choosing between using 2 150 watt hps's and 2 175 watt mh's at the same time but the lumens on the bulbs say 14,700 for the mh's and 15,800 for the hps's(wtf??? homedepot.com) which i know is supperrrr high do you think its still safe to use these? Or should i use 4 68 watt CFL's at 4,200 lumens?
    2.Can you Top auto strains?
    3.When should i use nutes?
    4.At what size do you start LST with autos?
    5.Im ordering from wwms are they legit?
    PLEEASEEEE REPLLYYY

7. You should definitely grow this strain and I find autos are great for beginners! All you have to do is keep it on the same light cycle the whole way through in one container and just feed it! Just out of curiosity how many plants are you going to be running in that space? Is this your first time growing? Have you determined what size containers you want to use?

Answer for your questions
    1. As for lights the higher the lumens the better:hello:! I've read that 5000lumens/sqft is good for growing and for optimal results 10000lumens/sqft or more. So I would definitely go with the HIDs but make sure you have good ventilation and maintain good temps in the grow room. I would use a mix of both hps and mh to get a fuller spectrum:D If heat is an issue than I would suggest going with t5s rather than cfls. 54 watt t5 produces ~5000 lumens. So I would either go with 4 or more t5s or 1 mh and 1 hps.

2. Yes you can top or fim autos. I was actually growing 4 autos. Fimmed one, lst one and let 2 grow naturally. This was the first time I did autos and I personally think that letting them grow naturally or lst is the best option. The fim slows growth for a few days and since the autos have a limited amount of time the growing time is shortened due to healing time which means potentially less bud. I only did them because they were freebies but my man I was happy with the results!

3. I think the best time to add nutes is when the plant has around 4 internodes(when it passes its seedling stage). But I would start with a light dose and increase strength when it starts showing signs of deficiencies. Remember it's better to under-fertilize than over-fertilize.

4. I would start LST whenever it is possible! Maybe when it's around 4-6" tall.

5. I don't know what site wwms is but attitude is the shiat!

8. Toki, I hope you will enjoy those plants change colour as much as I have! Thing of beauty and the smell is spectacular!! Anyways keep it growing and keep us posted!!

Chronicon I am jealous that you will be doing it outdoors! Wonder what the yields are like outdoors for these babies! And please post some pics!!

9. wwms is worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com i was gonna go through them because stealth was cheaper than with attitude, and i was gonna try to grow 3-5 at the same time (i may possibly make the box longer if i have to) and idk about pot size. Probably 1-3 gallons. Also how do i know when the seedling stage is finished? Im familiar with all the phases names and what sort of goes on during the phases but not sure how to tell the signs of when it surpasses a stage.
    P.S. Thanks for the help! :smoke:

10. Oh yeah i almost forgot, yes this is my first time growing

11. YUM! My favourite... Looks like i'm gonna be getting more seeds out tonight and sticking them in for germ...

sorry bout the DINAFEM tin, they were just resting on it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. They look pretty crazy, love the blue undertones.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have 1 femenized bean of this i got from the single seed centre... Im doing it next after my auto bubblelicious gets done. I have a 180 watt full spectrum ufo led so I only do 1 auto at a time with that light and it works fantastic

14. it is a nice looking strain but when i see purple i always know is gone be less potent than normal (autos/photoperiod)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sexy ass budz

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey Greenfingers, what size pot is that?

Looking at doing this one myself, got an area thats 92cm wide, 42cm deep, and 101cm High, How many would grow nicely in there? Considering they grow like yours has, perfect pheno for my space

• Like Like x 1