Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kapvay or Intuniv and Weed Combination

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mlrock, Mar 25, 2011.

1. So my doctor will be prescribing me either Kapvay or Intuniv for my anxiety. I will only be taking one or the other Does anyone know how each of these drugs interact with pot, if at all?

2. #2 tharedhead, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    You may need to adapt to either medication fully before you consider the use of recreational cannabis.
    Kapvay (clonidine) may increase your risk of heat stroke.

Both drugs may reduce blood pressure (indeed, they are both quite old blood pressure drugs, clonidine and guanfacine, which have been recently approved for ADHD). Watch for orthostatic hypotension ( "greening out")

3. rx drugs never seem worth the side effects =/. Medicate properly with cannabis is what I say. Good luck with your endeavor.

4. I find it interesting that the Big Pharma companies are now reaching into the vaults to re-purpose long out of patent drugs in order to re patient them for the new dx,and make big bucks off their back catalog
    Drug repositioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia