Severe Frostbite.. 3 months recovering (Graphic pictures)

Discussion in 'General' started by bspot123, Mar 24, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey all GC friends, just wanted to share with you all my frostbite story. Me and a couple friends headed up to the Blue Ridge mountains to a vacation home just to chill out after finals. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing.. I noticed it was going to snow so I thought what a great opportunitty to blaze and just relax. Well, by the time we got to the mountain where the house is, it was starting to snow pretty heavily. At the base of the mountain it was 7 degress. At the top where the home is, it drops a good 3-4 more degrees because of the elevation, I belive its 3,400 feet.

Anyways, we couldn't drive any farther up the mountain because of the icy roads, so we had to park at the bottom. The car got stuck in the snow where we 'parked' so there was no where to go except up the mounatin to the house. I had no gloves, and I didn't think much of it except that my hands would be a little cold, ha!

So we began to make the trip up the mountain.. a long journey that is all a blur to me. In total it took about 45 minutes to an hour. That is all the time my hands were exposed, one was in my pocket, the other carrying a luggage bag. The snow was coming down in thick, thick flakes and some snow banks were as high as 5 feet. Oh I didnt mention it was at night, about 11. I was stumbling to keep pace, it was absolutely freezing. I was falling over in the snow, a nightmare. We finally get to the house and I really don't think much of my hands, they were just really numb and a bit itchy. Well friends I awoke the next morning to my hands so swollen. It was horrible. To make things even worse the heat at the house cut off the 2nd day.

We stayed one more night due to the snow still falling and made the trip down to the car the following day. We couldnt get it to budge and thank god this man was walking his dog and managed to get it free. We made the trip back to school stopping at the nearest Urgent care where the doctor was in absolute shock. So they shot me up with some morphine and were ready to take my friend and I to the hospital (he also got bitten on 4 of his fingers) but they decided to just send us out because we were going home the next day for christmas break. I now realize this was a huge mistake, they should have immediately sent us to the hospital.

So I got home and went first thing to the orthopedic center and have been treated there ever since. I lost all ten finger nails. They expected that I would lose one finger and three tips but amazingly I havent lost any. I have had one surgery and a metal pin inserted in one of the fingers. I have another surgery coming up to fuse the knuckle in my middle finger.

Well.. that is my story. If you read the whole story, thanks. I'm lucky to be here.. the pain is still unbearable but im pushing through. I have to work my fingers tirelessly to get them straight. Its a chore but I see the light. Thanks for reading.

2. Must...pop....bubble

• Like Like x 1
  3. FUck man that's intense! Next bowl goes for you

• Like Like x 1
  4. I farted at the same time as I was looking at the pictures. Not a good combo. :)
    I wish you the best of luck in your recovery man.

5. hoolyyy shit....how did you even type this....

6. Holy fuck.

I'm happy you get to keep your fingers but holy fuck.

7. Now that looks painful. :O

8. How did you smoke? thats the real question

9. shoulda brought gloves

--captain hindsight

10. Holy shit, intense pictures. I wish you the speediest of recovery my fellow Blade. :smoke:

11. It looks like your fucking fingers are rotting off lol shit man.

12. #12 cougheee, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

edit- ^Chris' face says it all

13. Oh shit.. :hide:

Doesn't take as long as I thought for frostbite to set in

14. I can't stop looking at that shit.. Jeeze, I thought my sunburn was bad :p

15. My hands get frostbite so easily and I hate it. Hurts so damn bad. I hope you the best because I know that shit has to be terrible.

16. This is why I hate the cold man.

If it was like 75 degrees you would just been chillin, but no, fuckin mother nature has to be a bitch.

17. I did this, along with the others. It was not a good idea. They work as a natural protection for the body. Popping them did me more harm.

Ha.. I have some really good friends, they have been lighting the bowl for me and such. Now I can smoke on my own.. its helped a lot.

18. lol so hard!

i cant believe those fingers made it...... that's incredible. bet you're happy though. next time switch hands every few minutes carrying that luggage lesson learned. lol jk

19. Holy shit, dude... Thats fucked up. Atleast you didn't lose them.

Guess I'm not gonna be finishing these fried hot dogs now...