Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

FLORIDA Medical Marijuana bill!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by broimhigh, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Dude never move here snowboarding+weed= god haha and you don't even have to worry about getting in trouble! Florida may never pass an mmj bill though, they're so strict with the current laws.

2. Subbed for Florida medicinal!

3. if we do, its probably gonna be another 10 years. too many old people here who hate mj. when im 30, my parents generation will be the old people and they are pro mj. and almost all young people are. thats the way i look at it.

4. YESS!!! I'm moving down there soon.

5. So true man

6. i know. its sickening. i mean, they give a bad name to drug users. cause, weed is a drug. even though it is naturally occurring. i dont put man made chemicals in my body. now, where did my Monster go???:confused: :p

7. I'm not sure if someone may have posted this already or not, but here it is:

Died in Criminal Justice Subcommittee\tSaturday, May 07, 2011 2:07 AM \t \tCriminal Justice Subcommittee
    Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration\tSaturday, May 07, 2011 12:01 AM

^ there goes, said medicinal marijuana legalization here in florida. and while it was a great movement to even have a chance at it, i highly doubt anything will change down here in florida for the next 5 years. which is a real shame since i would be one of the first lining up for these dispensaries.

-subb'd for florida's future medicinal marijuana movement

8. #88 KreenAkrore, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    No if it does pass and they apply themselves and their brain. They can have a normal job like everyone else.

Thing is with a lot of drug dealers, they get lazy seeing all this income from selling they refuse to work a daily job.

Who said they couldn't open a medicinal Marijuana store? Is that to hard to do?

EDIT: Furthermore I cannot believe you'd rather keep something as harmless as pot illegal just so people can make money and lets endanger all of the sick with these extreme law against pot...

9. It's unfortunate that it couldn't have succeeded. I've wanted to spend winters down there, but leaving Colorado is leaving a safe haven. I don't suppose they're busting a lot of people, are they? I know they hit dealers, but do they punish users to any extent or is possession like a traffic fine?

10. would be sick if this passed in the next yr or 2

11. I would love it if it did pass in the next year or two, but realistically, id give it 5.
    As for leaving Colorado? Stay where your at man, down here, they'll bust anyone.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your caught with under 20 grams you can get a sentence of 1 year in prison with a 500$ fine down here in Florida.

12. That's pretty stiff, a year and five hundred. I wish there were a place in the sun where one could go during winter that would be lenient. I haven't researched Central American and South American countries. Amsterdam would have the same drawbacks...cold and snow.

13. #93 Braddock, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
  14. Costa Rica may be an option. A friend of mine has a house there and says they are quite tolerant of personal use, as long as you do not attempt to take any in, or out, of the country. YMMV, always research current conditions carefully.
    It looks beautiful there, tho':)

15. I've lived in Fl. for a long time, believe me when I say it isn't going to happen here. MMJ or a softening of the laws "decrim". The elections in recent years have taken a hard turn to the fundamentalist right, and weed busts, like DUI is a big moneymaker for the system. Forfeiture is also a big business. Get yourself a couple of acres and try to have a little garden, and the local sheriff's dept. will end up owning your land. Just as they do with the DARE cars, with their trick painting scheme proclaiming "This Car Seized From A Drug Dealer". I thought with the aging of the population and more seniors having been exposed to weed in their past that things would have eased up, but not so...