Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains for migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MilkyTheBong, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I suffer from chronic migraines, and I was wondering if anybody else who suffers from them have any specific strains that help. Do indicas or sativas help more? Just trying to figure out an idea of what I can do to make mary jane most effective for me.

2. I know how you feel. I grew up with them, having about 3-5 a week. I unfortunately don't have the answer though so any answers could help me out as well.

3. heavy indicas heal me.

4. That's exactly what I'm dealing with myself, 3 to 5 weekly. Trying all experimental treatments, but really weed is all that helps.

That helps a lot man, im never sure whether to purchase sativas or indicas, so this gives me a starting point at the least. +rep

5. I get Occipital neuralgia headaches, and I've been going through Medical strains for the last couple of months. I'm still experimenting but I find that the heavier indicas are very helpful.

I haven't really found a Sativa that helps my headaches, the closest I get are hybrids like Mr. Nice Guy.

I know that in my experience, Grand Daddy Purple is really helpful for stretching with a headache.

Also, look into other types of MMJ like edibles and topical creams. My dispensary offers an amazing muscle cream with indica that is extremely helpful. Edibles also seem to be the way to go for staying asleep with headaches.

Anyways, good luck and feel free to PM me about it. It's probably helpful having other headache MMJ patients to find stuff out with.

6. any purp with that thick purple taste helps headaches too

7. My mate has some serious migraines, sometimes for many continuous days. I will herb him out with a bit of my indica heavy grow. Indica in general is a great pain reliever.

8. Really appreciate the help. The only strain I've ever had work extremely well was Trainwreck. But I can't get my hands on it anymore. So now I'll be looking for some purple indicas. Thank you all for the help, it's very greatly appreciated.

9. I sometimes find sativas help if you can catch the migraine during the onset. and It only works for certain headaches too. Usually when I'm feeling one of them coming either behind my eyes or the top of my head, I can keep it at onset level with a sativa. Any other time indica or indica mixes can be somewhat helpful.

Migraines blow.

10. if i smoke sativa during headache or any kind of acute pain it increases but i broke hand once n rolled indica blunts no problem but id never try that with sativa

11. I get headaches from smoking weed sometimes, is that because of smoking instead of vaporizing/eating/etc.?

12. If you're getting headaches from smoking its probably caused by your herb not being properly flushed or cured of whatever chemical nutes were used in growing it.

To the OP - I'm a MMJ patient in WA for migraines, in my experience Shishkaberry has helped me more than anything else. GDP works, Maui Waui, Blue Dream....

What will end up mattering more than the strain is quality bud, try to find organic whenever possible, or, at the very least make sure it's been dried/cured properly.

13. Yeah so I've heard. Can't say I'm surprised, most local growers are probably itchin' to harvest asap.