How to charge and rinse coco??

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by american spirit, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hey all tomorrow I recieve my nutes.I went with Botanicare CNS17 grow,bloom and ripe.Along with some cal/mag and liquid karma and silicate.I am getting earthjuice coco and was wondering if anyone could help with how to rinse it and charge it?

2. This is how I like to do it: no matter what the coco is, I run through a shit ton of tap water. My tap is pretty good, so if I am filling up a 2 gal smart pot with coco, I run through about 4-6 gallons of tap water. I don't have exact numbers because I literally take the pot and run it under the faucet. After rinsing, I will run through about a 1/2 gallon (to a 2 gallon pot) of solution, whatever your nute mix is, which you should have worked out (this charges the coco). After that, if cloning, I dip the clones in clonex, if seed, I plant about 1/2" deep with tap root south.

3. I get the 5 kilo botonicare brick and put it in a tupperware.i fill the tupperware up with water from the hose.i break it up in the tupperware then dump the pile on the pavement or a tarp and hose down the pile for 5 min or so.then i put the pile in a diff tupperware that has holes drilled on the bottom so water can drain out and not sit in the bottom of the tupperware.

after that i fill up my 1 gal veg pots with coco,1 tablespoon of marine cuisine,1 tablespoon of veg bat guano and 1 tablespoon of pelletized dolomite lime.i think take the pot filled with all the goodies and do a second rinse in the bathtub.i prolly give each pot a quarter gallon or so of water with a light dose of my nutes such as a boost,grow,b1 and whatever other additive.after i hold the pot sideways and drain the water out its ready for a seed :hello:

4. hey master how do ur strains like the mc dol bat guano? most of my strains love it. my chem dogg does not like it but its cousin maui dog loves it. do you water ur veg with nutes to or just water? and do you notice that they eat thru that dolomite fast. one week or 2 and mine show mag def. I water the veg with light botanicare pureblend with calmag and molasses. for bloom I've been using botanicare bloom with calmag and molasses and high pbat guano. oh yea and you said veg guano you don't think thats 2 much nutes combined with the mc? maybe I'll take some pic of my chem and you can give me some advice it started as mag def "leaf margin upcurl " not heat so I uped the dol now they look over watered and mag def I don't know whats causing it almost every chem dog I have shows this even the ones in veg so I just don't think the chem likes the mc. later

5. ive never grown chem doog so i couldnt tell ya about that strain.i honestly just started this coco mix but have grown in coco for a few years.I forgot to add the guano with my spoetnik girls i just started but my previos grow with whiteberry they tear up the nutes and if i see any burn its just slightly the leaf tips toward the end of veg.

I feed everytime i water my veg babies but if the chart tells me to use 3 tsp i use 1,5 or 2 so i dont overfeed at all.Whever i notice or cal or mag deficiency(usually the purpling o leaf stems) i sprinkle a some pelletized dol lime on top throughout the growth cycle.i like the pelletized bc it realeses over time.And i ll also up the cal mag i put in the water.

shoot me a pic of what yo got goin i ll check it out

6. So basically charging your coco is just running ph correct nutes thru it?

7. Wheel barrow is my goto for rinsing the initial block of coco. I place the block in the barrow, full about half way up the block with water and let it expand for awhile and add more water as I break it up by hand. The coco floats and all the salt/sand sinks to the bottom, and then I scoop all the coco off the floating surface into pots and run a hose on them for awhile, then I dump it all in a clean wheel barrow and mix with perlite, I was shocked the first time by the amount of sludge left behind at the bottom, huge chunks of salt too.

8. Hey 12valve what type of coco do you use?