Using Molasses with hydro(coco)??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by masterlights, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Ive been usng sucanat brown sugar with my coco but want to experiment with mollases bc from what ive research it seems like it offers more nutrient wise.But is it a good idea to use in a hydro medium like coco or is it just good to use in a soil medium??

if so i was gonna try out blackstrap mollasses.does anyone else ue this stuff and offer insight like where i can get.I heard to heat it up and dilute with water before application especially with my drip system.

2. after searchig this forum ive found that molases really isnt necessary and becomes a headach especially with hydro and a drip system.ive used sweet and sugar daddy in the past and think i ll just get some of this stuff.any input is still def needed.

3. Ive considered using mollasses, as im in the 2-3 week of flower and id like to "spike" the nutrient profile to add a little somthin somthin to my buds. Read in a forum and googled it and it said to use 1 - 2 tsp per gallon of resivore water. To disolve the mollassas in warm water before adding it to the rez. Im using DWC (bubble buckets). Might get my air stone a little sticky, but ive chatted with other growers that say they have gotten great results because of the nutrient profile of the mollasses. To me its kinda like using SuperThrive, might be snake oil and might benifit the plants but cant get a straight answer either way. Im gonna try it out after i lolliepop the stem. My next rez change im gonna flush with FF sledgehammer because ive got some nut burn, when i add the fresh water and nuts ill add the mollasses. Guess you gotta use the sulfur free stuff and organic is best. Can find it in the nutrition center at most grocery stores. Hope this helped. Peace and Dank.

4. #4 bubble pot, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    disolve cain sugar in boiling water then add to your nutes its just as good and it works too no mess unlike molasses!!!