Is there a difference between the LST method and SCROG?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by balanala, Mar 12, 2011.

1. is there actually a difference between lst and scrog or are they the same thing?

2. There is quite a few threads explaining both methods clearly, but to make a long story short for you, LST is tying some or all of the side branching down so it gets more light and new branches grow out of the side branches, and SCROG involves feeding the top colas of a plant through a screen of rope or wire so that light is used more efficiently and is focused on your flowering buds. So to answer your question, the two methods are not the same.

Hope this helps,
    Cub

3. There is plenty of discussion in here. search LST.

I LST and you will find pictures once you find my threads about this.

I like it better than scrog. The screen or grid that you place over your grow is too much in the way for my needs but they both generate a lot of main colas on any one plant.

4. They are not the same, but they achieve much the same thing in that they both keep the plant short and both aim to produce an even canopy of multiple tops. I also use LST rather than scrog, having your plant (or multiple plants) woven into that screen makes things cumbersome for tending to the plants and flushing them when needed.

5. i like to use both, when the flowers grow above the screen i lst them to the side so more light penetrates to the lower nodes