No more glass being sold on etsy?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Fuck it sell water pipes with no slides

2. They need the fee to cover costs. It's hard to run large sites for free.

3. how large does it need to be? you can pay via paypal, like its been forever, all you need is someone to update the site with products/photos.

4. Code:

They already do. Boromarket

5. Yeah, but a shop-style directory is still a lot more inviting to artists than a forum.

6. A site like etsy costs alot in server costs alone

7. If you open a personal, little site, then costs would be little to none.

If you want an Etsy, eBay style site that gathers sellers into one domain, it'll need more materials, like servers.

8. You can rent servers fairly cheaply, and if you charged a small fee for sellers to sell then I'm sure it would cover it.

9. You all are kind of missing the point. It's not the server costs that are troublesome, its the legality of it all. Etsy is getting rid of the stuff for legal reasons. What makes you think you will be able to fly under the federal legal radar when Etsy cant?

And I would say that boromarket is pretty damn inviting, they have a store section right on the site. Plus a lot of big name artists sell their stuff on there. So if it's good enough for them, why not an etsy artist? lol

10. A server with that much views would cost a significant amount

11. We can't have water pipes/ color changing glass shipped here.

I do have a feeling he's right though, something to do with PA/Iowa legal issues.

12. you all misunderstood me when i said open a website, i mean a small personal website for the blower. ssfg.com or gmd.net. whatever, it would cost nothing.

13. who fuckin needs etsy?
    I can contact anyone of those sellers directly and avoid the whole bullshit middleman anyways...word of mouth can sell way more glass than some queer artsy fartsy website.

on a side note this explains the weird emails I received from some of the blowers on there.

14. i dont know guys i placed an order from ssfg like 4 days ago just went and checked and all the stores in my favorites still have there glass up for sale maybe this is some hot air or maybe changes are just yet to come i donno

15. Its not in effect till the 15th i thought it said????

16. #36 smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    I've gotten orders today, this email was sent out 10 mins before I posted. Its 100% legit. If you read it says it's gotta be gone by the 15th

17. I left out this, it's at the end of the message

If you respond to this email with the listing numbers of the items you've removed by March 15th, we will issue you a one-time listing fee refund for those items. We cannot offer a refund for prohibited items that are left active after March 15th.

Even if these items are marketed as tobacco only, they will need to be removed.  Any sellers with active drug paraphernalia after March 15 risk suspension of shop privileges.

18. I didn't mistake you.

My response was a response to arn1016, originally.

19. etsy is whack, does anyone know where DWB is gunna sell glass from now on?

20. This email was send out only like an hour or two go so alot is still up in the air.