No more glass being sold on etsy?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. #1 smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    I sell stuff on etsy and just received this email.
    "Hello,

This is Corinne from Etsy Support. Thank you for being a member of this community; we admire your business and selling spirit! We are getting in touch to let you know that we are tightening up enforcement of our existing policy, and we need you to remove some of your listings.

Etsy's policies state that some items are inappropriate for Etsy's marketplace, even though they may otherwise meet Etsy's selling criteria. Per the policy, you may not list the following types of items on Etsy: Drugs, drug-like substances, drug paraphernalia. These items are prohibited. You can read more about Prohibited Items here: Etsy :: Dos and Don'ts and all of Etsy's DOs and DON'Ts here: Etsy :: Dos and Don'ts

Please remove the following types of items:

* items with a carburetor
       * items with a slide
       * all bongs
       * all bubblers

This is a site wide effort; you are not being singled-out. We are asking all sellers with these types of items to remove drug paraphernalia by Tuesday, March 15, 2011.
    If you respond to this email with the listing numbers of the items you've removed by March 15th, we will issue you a one-time listing fee refund for those items. We cannot offer a refund for prohibited items that are left active after March 15th.

Even if these items are marketed as tobacco only, they will need to be removed.  Any sellers with active drug paraphernalia after March 15 risk suspension of shop privileges.

"

What a bummer...

2. are you fucking kidding me....... looks like its time to get some fucking glass before they all go bye bye

3. wah??? thats some bull

4. Whats the best downstem I can buy off of etsy? Blower name?

5. Close out sales hopefully!

But ETSY is being dumb about this. They're going to lose money, big time.

6. I'm moviNg all my stuff to ioffer, under apixdesign. This is a real bummer for buisness

7. Looks like it might be a good time for an enterprising individual to start a paraphernalia/glass handmade exchange market with a small fee.

8. If PA and ?Iowa? were legal this wouldn't happen.

9. does anyone think that this just means dont post "bong for sale" or whatever instead say "water pipe" maybe its turning into headshop rules

10. damn this really blows i was thinking bout starting an etsy account to sell but looks like it aint happening:(

11. really not a big deal, it takes about 10 minutes to set up a personal website now, they should all get blogs. fuck ETSY.

12. #12 Whohulkwalk, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Fuck etsy.com for doing this

Edit 03/11/11-artfire.com is where its at

13. No, because it also says no items with a carb or slide.

14. but they can still sell dildos?

15. I think they're being a little more specific than just the wording of the product page.

EDIT: mumbles beat me to it, I took too long figuring out how to do the quotes :smoke:

16. We have many headshops in PA.

17. ..... wtf. i think some one starting a glass site is a good idea but minus the fee.. there going to loss alot of money and business

18. I have a website bur it's hard for people to find it. Etsy was easy because everyone gos there

19. Well, they could always market bongs as vases :p And none of these restrictions cover chillums.

20. If any glassblowers need websites, ill hook you the fuck up.