New to Grape God, Does this look ready @D62?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dustybowlz, Mar 3, 2011.

1. So I started with a 30x loop
    Switched to a 60x/100x mag
    Then switched to a much nicer 100x mag.

I can now get a much more detailed view of when to pull :D

I pulled at day 65 with very little amber.

I think I want to try day 68 and they day 70 on the next few. See what it does.... Everyone keeps telling me its all trial and error. :smoke:

Bud Report
    -First, it smells just like my room and never changed smell. It is the most pungent, fruity dank smell. I was able to retain all of the smell and look durring curing process
    -Looks amazing. Full of trichs that are fully intact and a very good trim job. Everyone is absolutly blown away! Photos dont do it justice.
    -Density is perfect. It isnt airy and didnt lose any weight, post dry process. All nice fat nugs. Im happy with my 600s
    -Very sticky even dry
    -Quantity...I got 3 oz's per plant. It was under nuted and in soil. It didnt fatten up like I thought it would. I got 6 oz's total. I just cant keep ahold of it. I wish I had a full room of it right now.....

Smoke Report.
    -It is very smooth (thanks to my cure job), it closes your lungs when you hold it in. Very nice smoke!
    -Taste is amazing! Exactly as it smells!
    -After taste is not harsh
    -You can almost taste the grape when you lick your lips.
    -It is creeper, takes a few mins from sober to fully medicated (I take two .3g gravity bong hits for reference).
    -It is medium/low body high, very potent head high, makes me very sleepy when I consume a lot at night.
    -It is a pretty long lasting high and easily gets me re-baked

In short, I love my bud! So does everyone else who sees it, weather they know its "my bud" or its somthing I just picked up.

Two short stories.

1- I took a qp to my local co-op because he really wanted it (after all my talking it up). From the minute He opened the jar to me walking out the door, he couldnt stop raving about it. Here are a few key points I got from what he was saying.
    -OMG it smells/looks so amazing I just want to eat it
    -I cant believe this is your first grow!
    -This rivals anything ive ever grown
    -This is easily Cup quality!
    -I cant put this out on the shelf right now, my stuff wont sell
    -OMG it smells/looks soo amazing
    -I think I am going to hoard it and not give it all out till your perpetual.

Then I got on weedmaps to see if maybe he gave it out and maybe someone left reply. Odds were low but it was worth a shot... These are two quotes people left.

"man..had to give these guys another review..went in this afternoon & had a hard time trying to decide, the exclusive strain they had today was killa, all i can say is that i left with some bomb..."

"Went in there today got there new exclusive (ill let you find out what it is lol) It was the most fire i repeat the most fire i have smoked in a while. Chem dog who. Go get,it when you come. Oh yeah the best parking too..."

I tell you that made me really happy!!

2- I had a friend come over to smoke, He is a rookie but took a bong hit, passed out and spent an hour in the bath room. He walks out and says, "wow, I have to go, thats some fire bro". lol

Heres the best pix I could get...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Good shit bro! congrats on pulling 6oz starting with cfls.

3. ^ For reals.

Looks bombtastic man.

4. Thanks all, I hope to get my dwc tuned so i can get consistency just like this!

I love it!

5. Killer bro, that is for sure some of the best I have seen. Did you start from seeds from next gen? If your interested I got some pics of dynamite about 3 weeks from harvest. Looks like its gonna end up a winner so far, real dense like yours and starting to really resin up. Anyway great grow man.

6. Looks great! keep up the good work. Your doing very well for yourself! wife should be proud :p

7. Definitely give us a smoke report when she's done drying. Awesome first grow man, should be some intense couchlock. I am officially jealous..

8. ^^^he did give the smoke report. its posted with those pictures

9. Ill always take a look at some photos. I think im going to take what i have and perfect it. Get it super dialed in. Well max yeild anyway. Im really pleased with the final result even being from soil.

I got clones from a very secret local grower. A friend of a friend deal. To my suprise they actually showed up and were what they said they were! I don't know anything about its strain really.

I wish i knew someone running advanced nutrients in dwc. I have questions........

There's a bud and smoke report above the last posted photos.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS.

Im very pleased but once i get constancy and max yeild ill be super pleased.... oh and dialing in perpetual harvests with 9wk strain too.... (soo much to learn.... I swear I just can't learn enough fast enough. I have no green thumb and my first day was in dec 2010.)

10. first off, great job bro. love that grapegod. very nice everything about those buds lol. second, this little hobby is going to consume id say, 80% of your thoughts throughout the day. its life changing. anyway...... i love the line up next generation has. i just got 5 grapefruit diesel from them. put em in paper towels just yesterday.

11. Hey man I know this may be dead but its worth a shot, I have 2 grapegods growing now, ones pretty short and squat tight node spacing and the other is branchier and not as tight, did you have either of these phenos? I just flipped today id like to know which ones my keeper so I can get a shitload of clones rdy if its gonna look like that...amazing job.

12. Cut some of both.

Better to be safe then sorry.

I swear when i got mine they were different but after a few cycles they turned out to be the same phenos. They must have been cut from different locations off the plant.

13. Got some rooting thanks man

14. Hi,

Thought i'd just get my 2cents in here :)

Ive just finished my first Grape God. I never go from seed to flower, always seed, clone, flower.

I just did one, it was quite big - dried i got around 7z! Nearly 200g!

Im pretty happy with that! But i didnt realise the flowering time!

Ive been working with Cheese and Psychosis mainly, which are 70day (or I actually find 68days is just right!) .... But anyway, i found out 55days from somewhere and as soon as I realised I started flush! After a week I cropped!
    Some trichromes were still clear, not many, but some. Some milky, but also some I would say well PAST amber - like the 'globule' at the top of the trichrome 'stalk' was almost brown or some even looked 'missing'!
    So I think I've left them a bit long, but not too long...

Only about 62days tops.

Anyway, I'm curing now. hung for about 5days, felt crispy, put into brown paper bags for a day, then into glass jars which is where it all is now. It does look very nice, colours, red hair, etc.

I think in the past I haveleft a little (or maybe even a lot) to be desired on the curing front... I'd leave it in jars for a week after dry and it would be very nice to smoke by then!
    I am going to make extra effort to not touch the majority this time. Now it's dry, I will cure in jars for a week, then vacuum seal and leave for another 7-10 days. At least.
    Do you think that sounds sufficient?

I am looking to improve smell. And flavour, but mainly smell.

I think I am doing all the right things with my feed mixes. From the yields I'm getting and health of the plants I cant really see that I'm doing anything 'wrong' - but does anyone have any ideas on improvement for curing??

I'm growing another one from seed (Grape God) just to see if I get lucky on that one with purple phenotype. I guess if its the same batch of seeds it'll be unlikely, but want to see!

I spend a lot of time pruning - especially towards the last 2 weeks. I find this makes it easier when it comes to manicure. And i usually manicure as soon as I crop, then hang to dry, usually for about 5days, then into paper bags for a day or 2 - dependent on the dryness. After that into sealed glass jars-sometimes I put a fresh leaf or two in there if I feel it's dried out a bit too much. Usually find that the leaves are curled and dried out - the moisture spreading round the bud in the jar - after a day or two max. That is usually enough - take the leaves out and then just seal and leave for as long as poss.

Now I've got a cycle going, vacuum sealer etc, I should be able to always have some curing while more is coming and while some is ready! But if anyone has any good advice on developing aroma, please share!! I've already started using 'Ooze' in flowering feed weeks 4-6. Using B'cuzz nutrients mainly, and also little extras like Hygrozyme, Bloom Enhancer, SuperThrive, Carboload, Sugar Peak Catalyst, Overdrive (since Hammerhead was discontinued) as after trying Bloombastic and it being WAY too strong I needed to try an alternative!

Also Rhizotonic in veg, B'cuzz Veg Enhancer....

So anyway, tips? Hints?

Especially curing hints would be extremely appreciated!

I will upload some photo's when I'm on my PC later (ipad makes it difficult!!).

Thanks a lot everyone!

M.

15. I was lucky in getting Psychosis clones (cheese/AK47 cross) as seeds are not yet available for it and it is a very, very nice strain!
    Im trying train wreck next.
    I tried low stress training on a cheese plant and it' s coming to fruition this weekend... Ive done it again on a Train Wreck and it looks really good, really works well! Multiple central colas, etc! I think LST is going to be the ultimate way forward! In coco. Tried NFT. Better yield and flavour with coco. And the whole process is easier!

16. Nice Dusty!

17. Damn I wish my Cfl grow would pump out that much wow. Great grow

18. Just germed some, subbed!