Is there a proper watering technique?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrimloxK, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Okay so I started my first grow and i've been watering my tangerine dream with some aquafina bottled water. I know that you shouldnt drown roots but I was wondering if the roots are growing straight down instead of to the sides of my jiffy pot, can I water the perimeter of the pot to promote the roots to expand outward in search of water?

What kind of watering technique do you guys use to make sure your roots are getting enough moisture?

2. Water the center, the sides, the whole thing. Saturate the soil through and through. Don't worry about overwatering, you cannot do that in a single watering (any extra just runs out the bottom). Overwatering happens when you water too frequently. The key is to not water at all in between waterings, you need to let the soil dry out a bit. MJ likes to cycle between wet and dry, if you keep the soil constantly moist you will drown the roots.

3. this may seem pathetically naive, but i am about to start a micro grow in a couple weeks and just realized idk how often i should water my plants. i have been searching everywhere (including a dank book) and all people talk about is the pH which is very important but not useful to my question. please help

4. if the soils dry when you stick your finger an inch or so into soil water it..so tha water spills out the drain holes...then pick up the plant..get a feel for what it feels like watered..then when you pick it up in the future and its super light..its ready...or if you haven't watered in a while and the leafs droop...its kinda a get a feel for it thing:smoke: i let it get pretty dry cause i want the roots growin' searchin' for water

5. Worried about watering?

Use hydro ... lol

Sorry I'm in a funny mood tonight...

Deacon is spot on, after the first few days all becomes clear... like your mineral water ... :bongin:

:smoke:

6. I loled. Post of the day.