Fuck Valentines Day

Discussion in 'General' started by Royksopp, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I didn't even know it was valentines day until I logged on here. :confused_2:

Oh well though. I don't hate v-day. I simply do not give a fuck.

2. lg ol it shouldnt be too hard for a girl to find a valentine

3. Well of course I love it. I'm in a relationship. Lol.

4. #24 Carl Weathers, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    The day when people who are loved get to celebrate and the people who are alone get salt rubbed in their wounds. We all know you'd jump into the spirit if you had someone to share it with. Try be more positive and maybe next year you will, or just stop caring.

How many of you gather around for thanksgiving? Probably most the people who have a cry about Hallmark. As someone already said, the day is established and it's not going to be removed from the year because who doesn't like an excuse to celebrate such a wonderful thing? At least it's not shoved in your face like Christmas & New Years.

My next hit goes out to all you people who deep down probably just want someone to love you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

5. Meh - I can take it or leave it. This year was the first year that my daughter got Valentines at school, so that was pretty cool for her - she came home with a STACK of them.

Plus my Mom broke her shoulder so she's laid up at home. Earlier this morning I brought the bairn by with a V-Day card (with a detachable magnet no less) for her, and she LOVED it, said it made her day.

And my wife has had a tough day I'm ASSuming, so while I took care of her V-Day gifts before the weekend (and believe me, she loved them), I went and got her another chocolate flower anyway, so I know she'll appreciate it.

But we couldn't afford dinner and a movie or a date night, or hell even a dozen roses would have been prohibitively expensive right now, since we have one income - hers. BUT I sold some stuff on eBay and managed to get her exactly what she wanted, See's chocolate. Which she gobbled up on Friday.

It's the little things.

But I feel you if you're alone on V-Day, it does seem like it's in your face and bumming you out if you have no one, trust me, I know the feeling, I spent the first 29 years without a Valentine.

It's just another day for the rest of us right?

But hey it was also my late lamented Grandmother's birthday, so it's always nice to remember her.

6. fuck all holidays

7. rusty butt plug...lawl

8. All I saw of Valentine's day was a flower sale on campus.

9. well, just sent my girl some flowers from ProFlowers.com.
    that shit aint cheap! but i know it will make her happy. :rolleyes:

10. the only thing valentines day related i've seen all day was the google homepage, otherwise its been like any other day.

like this holiday is slowly disappearing.... yes!

oh and my mother got me a card, i havent opened it yet, dont think i'm going to.

i dont get cards, why would you pay money for a fold! and you really cant say something as simple as "happy birthday" or "happy _____" "merry _____" if your too lazy to write less than a sentence than you need to be thrown off a cliff.

11. Heh i didnt even know it was valentines day today. I love you GC!

12. I just sent some flowers out and had a chill day with my chick, nothing too wild.

13. Last year I was single, this year I'm not. I still don't give a fuck about this stupid holiday.

14. But I fucking LOVE candy!!!!

15. Fuck Valentines Day.

Not because I'm single.
    Not because I'm angry.
    Not because I'm lonely.
    Not because I'm bitter.

But because Valentines day represents everything I hate. Materials do not represent love. Silly enough, giving the cavewoman a shiny rock would probably get you some furry slip n' slide.

Back on track...

To me Valentine's Day says, "Buy/get me something, and if you don't then you probably don't love me."

Maybe I need to get off the skank emo girls... :confused_2:

16. Hell yea another day made to waste a gang of money

17. Just look at it as a preview for the much more thrilling Discount Valentine's Chocolates Day, Feb. 15 :smoke:

18. This is my 2nd year in a row without a valentine... it's fucking awesome.

19. Jealous

20. i disagree with the idea behind valentines day but i think we could use more meaningless holidays in the winter months to raise morale.