Fuck Valentines Day

Discussion in 'General' started by Royksopp, Feb 14, 2011.

1. #1 Royksopp, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    Yeah my friend tokinITguy was suppose to start this thread but he sucks and never did so I am doing it for him. :cool:

*edit* Fuck Mondays, too.

2. Another consumer holiday to remind most of us how we've failed at previous relationships.

I can dig it.

3. #3 Lil Sis, Feb 14, 2011
    Fuck Hallmark and Russel Stover and everyone else that profits on this GUILT DRIVEN bullshit "holiday".

If you're not showing the love on the other 364 days of the year then fuck you too!!!:p

(the hubby and I have been boycotting this "holiday" for around 10 years. If you can't bring home flowers/gifts for your significant other on any random monday then you don't deserve your partner.)

4. I've got nothing against Valentines Day. If you're single, it's just another day. There is no reason to get upset about it. If you're in a relationship use it as an opportunity to spice up the relationship. Everyone likes a little extra attention every now and then. Whether or not it's glorified because of a holiday is irrelevant. Moaning about it isn't going to change that it's going to happen on the same exact date next year. Get over it.

5. In honor of the thread I was supposed to start...

FUCK Valentines Day.

This goes out to all the cheating whores out there...may Karma visit you with a rusty butt plug.

And I'm in 100% agreement with others here. Why do we need a designated day to show love to someone? Bullshit. Love should be able to shine through on any day, not just this day.

Let's call this what it is. The Hearts-and-Flowers day. The secret in Victorias Secret. A moneymaking sham that ranks right up there with Halloween candy.

FUCK Valentines Day.

6. Its almost a fucking day and nothing more

7. In Soviet Russia, Valentine's Day fucks YOU

8. My buddy calls today "single person's awareness day"

9. I mean, it's the same as mother's day, father's day, Thanksgiving, hell even Birthdays.

If you don't recognize your mom, dad, give thanks, or celebrate your life every day, then you have problems.

I don't hate Valentines days

10. i normally wouldnt give a fuck but the other day i was talking to this girl whos in a relationship, and she knows im single and she says "so whats your plans for valentines day" im like "i dont know, havent really thought about it" and she gave me a weird look now im all on this FUCK VALENTINES DAY tip cuz that just pissed me off, i dont get why she asked me the question and had to word it like that.

11. In honour of the retardedness of Valentine's Day, I recorded a song about the futility of love and a lost love story of my own. And no, her name wasn't Teshanda.:p

12. I like this day, you can find single women so easy....they are just beggin for it.

Just be like, "hey happy valentines day, wanna get somthing to eat tonight" :D

im sure it will work everytime:smoke:

13. Not a fan of Valentine's day either, but I'm still gonna buy myself a box of chocolates, light some candles, and jerk off tonight.

14. I was woken up at 8:30 for a damn text, and my sister apparently got me a card.

What the fuck is with bitches and cards?!

Fuck cards

15. Well fucking said, sir :D :bongin:

16. unless it got that $20 bill from grandma in it, shits worthless

17. Not a fan of Valentine's day, never have been.

Maybe becuase I have never had a valentine.

But I do agree that there is no reason to treat this day "special" if you are in a relationship.

You should be showing your affection because you WANT to, not because a calendar says this is the day you should.

18. Goddamn dude I know. All women are like that. I bought my mother a $400 spa treatment thing for mothers day one year, and she was pissed because I forgot to buy a card.

But yea, I hate valentines day. I'd rather be single than be in the position I'm in. Nothing makes you feel more like a piece of shit than when your too broke to buy your girl something...

19. #19 IMAEREHW, Feb 14, 2011
    I didn't see the "Fuck Halloween" thread on October 31st. :confused:

I mean... halloween is just a day that consolidated multiple days of worship for multiple religions into a sugar fueled, spending frenzy, where the masses buy poorly made outfits for $40+ that they will wear once, and bags upon bags of candy that they will just give away. Shit, why not say fuck halloween and give all of the money you were going to spend on children of parents who can afford to buy costumes to a charity like UNICEF?

Same deal with St. Patrick's Day. Another lot of consolidated celebrations turns into the biggest drunk fest of the year. Green beer? Green Hats? Green everything? Another excuse for people to spend money on shit they dont need. Did you know the original color that corresponded with St. Patrick's Day was blue? It was consumerism that changed it to the color green.

Cinco De Mayo? Mexicans celebrate this for their victory over the french in a war. Yet millions in the US celebrate it with a gross representation of the culture's food and tequila.

Most people don't even know the meaning of most of our holidays. I could go on, but you see the point. All holidays are are a gross representation of what the once stood for, with the exception of a few.

Other than the millions spent on flowers that are going to die in a week, and chocolate that women are going to gorge themselves on, most holidays are here for the simple enjoyment of living. Without any real reason, most people who would be against some of the origins of some of our holidays, actually celebrate them because society taught them to.

Valentines day is another day to just reflect upon your life, find someone you love, and make an extra effort to tell them you love them. Nothing more, nothing less. Like all holidays, they let us break up the year, assign values to a day, and to reflect upon the last 365 days to keep us in check.

Go along with it brother, tell someone you love them today.

I love you.

:love:

20. All holidays are bullshit. Except the one that falls on April 20th :smoke: