Hip Hop HipHop round table.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ZarTheDragon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Curren$y making the move to a major label that DOESN'T focus on rapping (Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella was a far smarter move, even though the Roc-A-Fella thing fell through and Def Jam was merely a distributor) won't be beneficial for either party, from what I can gather. Warner couldn't even push Gucci, who had a Wayne-esque buzz and pop sensibilities, to become a God-honest superstar, so them doing anything with a rapper whose most valuable gift is being a great rapper seems pretty unlikely. I can't see him moving anymore units than he is already - despite the fact that Wiz blew up (and that IS the reason Warner signed Spitta) after jacking Spitta's swag, Wiz is far more marketable than Curren$y will ever be (he's younger, sings, has less integrity and women find him attractive) even if he isn't half the rapper. I can't see what either party will gain from this - if anything, Warner's just gonna lose money and Curren$y is just going to have less creative control.

2. Isn't Gucci insane though too? He got sentenced to a Psychiatric Hospital and everything.
    [​IMG]

Srsly? Who gets an Ice Cream cone tattooed on their Face?

3. A dumbass, that's who.

4. where were you for the last month?

5. Ummmm....around? I know this happened a little bit ago if that's what you're asking? Just because this happened a month ago doesn't stop it from being one of the dumbest/craziest things I've ever seen someone do.

[​IMG]

But really he copied his style from MLK, that shit transcends time itself.

6. I never said it wasn't dumb lol. I just don't understand the relevance of it (maybe I missed something earlier in this thread?).

7. Well you were talking about the marketability of Gucci, and I said how is this guy marketable(?) showing an example. If Curren$y is half as crazy as Gucci he should do fine at Warner, might even become a Super-star if pushed in the right direction and makes good enough music.

8. Labels like warner aren't really about good music is what is wrong with that move. Currency would do much better on a label that is more focused on hip hop music.

9. #49 ZarTheDragon, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    Raes albums seems weak...i heard rich and black and really wasn't feeling it. Hopefully Muddy waters 2 is cool. Blackout 3 is coming so you know thats going to be tight. And anything GFK does is tight so supreme clientele will be nice.

Curren$y just trying to make some dough, i think warner will let him stay true to his style and all the beats done by ALC shit shud be dope. Blu roc was a great label tho. Warner will just give spittah mad 420 promo

I dont like that mlk pic....at all. Gucci went to that mental hospital to beat a case..fursure...the tattoo tops it off.

10. don't do drugs kids...

11. Here's a bunch of other albums I'm also looking forward too:

Buckshot & 9th Wonder - The Solution
    J. Rocc - Some Cold Rock Stuff
    Strong Arm Steady - Arms & Hammers
    Smif-n-Wessun & Pete Rock - Monumental
    Blu - NoYork!
    Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R. (We Are Renegades)
    MED's second album
    CunninLynguists - Oneirology
    Aceyalone - The Promise
    Goodie Mobb's new album
    Ill Bill & Vinnie Paz - Heavy Metal Kings
    Jean Grae - Cake or Death
    Inspectah Deck - The Rebellion
    Lord Jamar - Known Associates
    Atmosphere - The Family Sign
    Curren$y - Pilot Talk III
    Apathy - Honkey Kong
    Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2
    Blaq Poet - Blaq Poet Society
    Bronze Nazareth - School for the Blindman
    Canibus - Lyrical Law
    Deltron Event II (I'm really hoping this finally comes out this year)
    Freddie Foxxx - The Kolexion
    Ghostface Killah - Blue & Cream
    Killer Mike & El-P - R.A.P. Music (Rebellious African Peoples Music)
    Kool G Rap - Riches, Royalty, Respect
    KRS-One - Return of the Boom Bip and Godsville
    Madvillain - Second Album
    Masta Killa - Loyalty is Royalty
    Method Man - The Crystal Meth
    Oh No - Ohnomite
    Pete Rock vs. DJ Premier
    Phife Dawg - Songs in the Key of Phife
    Q-Tip - The Last Zulu
    Random Axe
    Sean Price - Mic Tyson
    Wu-Block
    Soulkast's album
    Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuktu
    U-God - The Keynote Speaker
    All of the the Pete Rock Collab Albums and his new solo album
    All of the albums DJ Premier is producing a lot of (NYG'z, Nick Javas, Khaleel, MC Eiht, etc.)
    Anything to come out of the OutKast camp
    The Rest of the Madlib Medicine Show

EDIT: And yall need to hit up a New Album by a cat named DC the Midi Alien, shits is good son.

12. Im waiting for

Diamond in the Ruff
    Night in the Life
    Whatever Meek Mill drops next

13. new wizmixtapeee
    haha shits live

14. That shit sucked royally, srsly I gave him the benefit of the doubt but damn man that was bad. Doesn't even deserve a mention in the Hip-Hop Roundtable....

15. #57 ZarTheDragon, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    Bro its called cabin fever, its a fun hiphop mixtape haha. Straight trunk music.
    WTF is that shit, the beats are legit.Hes gonna have the club poppin' fursure.

Bigsean has the funniest flow ever too btw.

16. This shit was bad homie, I wouldn't even play it in my car and since I'm at my pad I don't want to listen to club music.

Different strokes for Different Folks I suppose, I wouldn't label that Hip-Hop though. More like Pop or something.

17. Its deff hiphop...its just that fun shit. Play this shit when your with some bitches.

Phone numbers is a banger. I only didn't like middle of you.

Shit deff slapps tho the beats will beat up the streets

18. Different strokes for Different Folks, I thought that shit was lame. :confused_2: