Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where did the word "L" come from?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vdubstoner, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Are you sure you're not the one who doesn't know you they're talking about?

2. Because when you realize it you are consciously acknowledging it, when that happens you are better able to consciously process information. Conscious+subconscious > subconscious

3. Its not a blunt. An "L" is taking two joint papers and glueing them into an "L" shape....but a lot of people say an "L" is a blunt. Just depends on who you're smoking with I guess

• Like Like x 1
  4. I always thought "L" referred to two papers stuck perpendicular to each other so they form an L shape,
    Dunno why people use that term for blunts but really who gives a fuck, blunts is blunts and weed is weed man

5. first off urban dictionary is bullshit so keep getting informed by them, second where im from my l's are two joint papers to make a l and roll that bitch!

6. so far the most likely option is that it comes from the El Producto. also it cant be from cigarello, because they're called cigarillos.

7. i think so too.
    either that or they started calling all joints L's from L-shaped joints, and eventually assimilated that term onto blunts

8. Guys guys guys...It's much simpler then you think... Okay a J is obviously a J because of the word Joint. A B is a bowl (whether it be a bong, spoon, one-hitter etc...). A blunt is called an L because the B was already taken and it was the next letter in the word.

Simple as that :)

9. This was the answer posted in a thread asking the same question a year or two ago. I have to say i think this is the correct answer

10. HOW ABOUT IT CAN BE BOTH A BLUNT OR JOINT MADE BY STICKING TWO PAPERS IN AN 'L' SHAPE? Fucking stoners.

11. Around here, we roll "J's or Jay's" meaning we roll joints. Blunts aren't very common around here though.

12. It come's from "El Producto" Like "Philly's" are 2 Tobacco labels that manufactured "Blunts" which is a size and shape of a cheap cigar.

So LP is a reference to El Producto...
    Philly's Blunts or El Producto Blunts or LP's or just El's

13. It come's from "El Producto" Like "Philly's" are 2 Tobacco labels that manufactured "Blunts" which is a size and shape of a cheap cigar.

14. It come's from "El Producto" Like "Philly's" are 2 Tobacco labels that manufactured "Blunts" which is a size and shape of a cheap cigar.

15. in my area L stands for somthin that isnt weed never new people used it as a term for blunts also

16. L is short for for left handed cigarette. I always heard people call it a lefty or an l when talking about joints...

17. "L" is a ghetto way of saying "Blunt".. At least that's what it means in NY.

18. el producto cigars