Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I was talking about Guild Wars 2.

2. Well they said in the interviews that they're spending a lot of time on it so that it will basically be a masterpeice, imo.. let them spend all the time they need (but not to much time :) )

3. Ive been waiting for GW2 since fucking junior year in high school in.... 2006 shit needs to get finished hahahaha

4. played GW for 4 years straight but havent played any sort of game for about 3 years...

as far as GW goes i played PvE, just a little PvP, enjoyed it a lot.. but now GW community is straight dead

but i'm prolly gonna pick up gw2 for some nostalgia

5. I wouldnt say straight dead, I go on my account sometimes and believe it or not, there are STILL people in Pre ascalon..AND a significant amount of people still coming out with builds and of the sort.. doing runs and etc, just the cheap way now. The good old days are over but the new ones are coming soon with this game, the interviews made it sound VERY promising..almost every 30 seconds they say "we're trying to bring you the best possible gaming expereince that isnt like any of the others" "We're bringing you a whole new look on how mmo's play."

To me, hearing arenanet say that in a video, has got some umph behind it.. they've spent forever on this game i have no doubt it will wipe some of the larger MMOS if not give them a run for their money...

6. If they kept up the nerfing they had been doing back when i played, by now all the pvp spells should do like 1 fucking damage... they just kept making the spells weaker and weaker and weaker, while making buffers stronger and stronger so pvp was a fucking battle of supreme skills hahahaha

7. I rarely did much PvP'ing, mostly just enjoying myself in PvE with others. Arenanet said GW2 will be basically completely different from the first, with different mechanics and the way each class pans out, i'm definitely interested in seeing this unfold

8. Hell yea, and finally more than 1 race. Im hoping they add multiple benefits to each race rather than something like "humans get +10% chance to find gold items. Char get +10% chance to pick up gold" shit like that.... they should make it so each class has a buffer to multiple types of spells, on top of your class. Like... Human Elementalist gets buffers to shit that would apply to being an elementalist rather than any human class having the same ones... if that makes sense lol

9. Racial talents/skills? I'd love that.

10. el-bumpo

11. best will be D3.

baal will feast on all your souls:devious:

12. I have almost completely forgotten about d3.

Will most likely be picking that one up too!

13. D3 and GW2 are going to consume my life when they happen. D3 is going to be much sooner (hoping this fuckin xmas god damnit blizzard) im actually more pumped for d3 lol, been playin diablo since i was 6-7 when the first one came out and my cousin sneakily gave it to me

14. diablo 3 better come out by this fall.. im fuckin dyin for that game

15. I never was too into diablo, I did play though, had a caster of some sort and a hammerdin - i remember the good old baal runs and the cow level. Good days.

so if anyone remembers playing guild wars for the first time.... opening the menu and hearing the intro song..if you're one of those people that got hooked from there on, you'll be glad to hear that jeremy soule is doing the soundtrack for gw2 as well, soule produced/orchestrated songs like this,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va91k7VqeQw]YouTube - Tascas demise[/ame]

and

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIt6Ko5djrY&feature=related]YouTube - Guild Wars Soundtrack - 24 - Temple of Tolerance[/ame]

now talk about nostalgia!!!

16. without the music guild wars would be like lord of the rings (movies) without the music dude..... it would be lacking the key element in placing it from epic, to insanity

This is making me really want to play some GW lol.... ive got it installed on this laptop and everything so im not really sure why im not playing hahahahahah

17. Man tha music in that game is the shit, used to play it so much... I think Imma start playin again.

18. Ma whats for dinner?

FRESH HELL BOVINE MOTHERFUCKER!! :hello:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Jl0bUsYtg&feature=related]YouTube - Cow Level Massacre[/ame]

19. lol speakin of new games i just tested some darkspore beta, its just like diablo, but more in a star scaft type theme, very nice