16 Pot flood and drain system with 600w HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Feudin, Jan 23, 2011.

1. 600 watts should be fine. but if you get 16 plants in a 3 x 3 table you will have to keep them really small.:cool:

Is this your first set up? i'm just askin. ;)

2. small is good seeing as I only have a height of approx. 5ft and the flood and drain system i imagine would take up some of that space also as it comes up off the floor a foot or 2?? and yes this will be the first set up ;)

I have a 9x5 space available which would fit 3 systems in nice and snug whilst leaving me 2ft of space to play with :)

did you check out the system and the lights I posted the links to? any other suggestions or does that look OK to you? any better lights you would suggest?

I also plan to use the clay pebble as the grow medium, as research shows me it is better in regards to oxygen getting to roots etc...

Also can I germinate the seeds and then plant straight into the pebbles?

lastly, what kind of yield can I expect from this kind of set up? 1+ oz per plant?

Thanks for the reply

Regards

3. this is your picture you can color it anyway you want. ;)

But I would like to offer a few suggestions. If I was doing this I would go with 2-1000 watt HPS. this would cover the room nicely.

ebb and flo is easy for a first timer and the racks you show look nice. but, I don't think you are going to like them once you get a few grows under your belt. the racks you posted look like they would be more for a veg stage or a sog set-up. I grow with a homemade ebb and flo and I would not want to be stuck with those racks. I would keep looking. Maybe bubble buckets.

Hydroton is a good way to start. I use lava rock which works the same way. I start my seeds in rockwool but hear that jiffypots work really well to. Don't put the seed in the rocks IMO it needs more support and something for the roots to start in.

as for yield I will just say. It will get a lot better as you learn more. there are still things that we didn't cover that will have a big impact on yield

GOOD LUCK :D

4. OK so any suggestions on a good reliable source for my lighting needs? Websites? any brands which I should go for as oppose to ones I shouldn't?

I need to start from as close to the ground as possible as I don't have too much space (5ft.) approx. The bubble pot system seem like the best option?

I would like to assemble a home made bubble pot system, any pointers on this?

I have 45 sq. ft. available, 1 plant per square ft. = 45 plants. will 2x1000w HPS lights be enough for 45 plants?? how much height ideally should I allow for plant growth? is 4ft enough? if so I can get more in!