Advanced Nutrients with "PH Perfect"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CurtChronic, Jan 15, 2011.

1. #21 Arnold420, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    I been using the real ph perfect sensi grow for 3 days now with ro ebb n grow bucket style with hydroton. I added 15ml a gallon like they recommended and ec was at 2.0 with a ph of 5.7-5.8 day 2 it went to 6.1 ph and down to 1.9 ec day 3 its at 6.2-6.3 ph and down to 1.8 ec. Doesnt seem to be goin anywhere but up in ph witch is what the old sensi did not sure i c a big diiference so far besides recommended dose. I thought it was supposed to go up and down with ph as it needs to by releasing its own ph down/up thats built into the nutrient solution itself. I also noticed some brownish foam buildup on top and edges of my res not sure what its all about. Plants seem to b ok but i wouldnt say "perfect". Kinda been itching to add some ph down anyway cause i cant seem to see how bringing in back to the 5.7 range wouldnt b a better choice. I am gona wait till 2moro and call the tech support b4 doing this though.

Plants r drinking so i had to top res tech support said with the ph perfect if u top your res you should still add the 4ml per liter to the amount of water u use to top your res. Also tech support said that even when usin RO water you dont add any cal/mag like u do for the old sensi. I did by accident about 150-200ppm when i made my res. Next res change in 4 days i will no longer add the magical as they suggested.

If anyone has any questions about the REAL PH PERFECT feel free to ask.

2. Gona b switching to PH PERFECT Connoisseur for bloomi also have it already ordered from advanced nutrients online from canada

3. I sure hope ur right about it working even when out of optimal range cause it isnt really living up to what it claimed about the ph up and down thats in the nutrient itself will release itself and fluctuate up and down as it needs to. Not sure i c much of a diff from the old sensi so far but we will c as this grow continues. If idoesnt do much better i'm fine with goin back to the old stuff and just checking and ajusting ph manualy

4. got a link to a site your purchasing from?

5. google advanced nutrients onlinegot it from progrssive growth onlinei wouldnt b so quick to buy it cause it doesnt seem to b living up to the hype so far.if u can wait alittle to see how it goes for me first would b wise

6. i didnt read any of this thread
    but im willing to bet you guys use different water
    that might have something to do with your ph differences and such but who knows, that might be a minor thing to think about

7. You should have read the thread. ;)

8. Day 4 ph is at 6.5
    I'm not liking it to b honest with u guys.
    I called tech support but they didnt answer so I called progressive growth the store i got it from and told them about my brownish redish foam build up in the res and they said they wouldnt worry about it. I dont like it! Wasnt getn any with the old sensi.
    Also asked why my ph isnt at optimal range for hydro and he said it was fine. I asked if it would cause harm if i added ph down and brought it back to 5.7 he said he wouldnt do it unless it gets over 6.6-6.7

Sorry but the idea of my res being 6.5 all week when it should b 5.7-5.8 as they claimed does not make me too confident at this point.
    WE WILL SEE!

I can tell u at this point plants r ok deff not perfect and as far as it doing exactly what they claimed thats not true. I dont care what tech support says now cause I was emailed a video of what its supposed to do and how it works and it said that theres ph up and down built in to the nutrient and its supposed to release up and down as it needs to to keep the optimal range.

Another thing that i cant figure out is i use hydro but i also have a few soil plants. How if 6.3 is optimal for soil and 5.8 for hydro is the nutrient gona identify the difference from hydro and soil to keep the right range?

9. curt r u using the real ph perfect?

10. No, I don't think so. I'm using Sensi Grow/Bloom A+B, I don't believe these formulas even contain the PH Perfect (it's the plain labeling that mentions nothing about PH Perfect). There seems to be a mixed message, because in some areas on their site they say that the Sensi products contain PH Perfect, but other aspects of their site show a new label that also says "new formula" and "PH Perfect". So, I really have no idea.

So, I've simply come to the conclusion that the difference lies in luck. Before I had to do major PH adjustments, but Roots Organic knocked my PH down VERY low. With AN, my water sits at a higher PH which is perfect for optimal range when dumped in my Sunshine Mix #4.

Here's what I do know; with Roots Organic Buddha Grow/Bloom and Trinity, I was seeing crazy deficiencies and had to use A LOT to make the plants anywhere near happy. With AN, I'm usually a significantly lower amount of nutrients and seeing excellent growth with both my vegging and flowering plants. The only thing I'm using with the Sensi line is Big Bud, and I think they are doing great.

No, I haven't been PHing lately, but that probably has little to do with anything "PH Perfect". In fact, I talked to a guy at the local grow shop and he said he never really has to PH either and he lives in a town over from me. After letting the airstones sit in the water bucket overnight, the PH is around 8, and that high PH drops down to the mid 6's when I check runoff. So, obviously that's optimal range, and it has little/nothing to do with PH Perfect.

The only thing that gets me, is that my buddy is a hydro guy. There is no way his water is getting down below 6 without adjusting PH. He actually told me "I don't even know how to PH". lol

11. I was under the impression that u used the new real ph perfect formula cause of the thread title.

I have personally used both the regular sensi ans ph perfect with the new label and am just tryn to let people know that so far its not doin what it showed in the video that was emailed to me from advanced nutrients.

Having said all this i use almost all AN and think thier products are great but THE ONLY difference i see from old sensi that i actually purchased over 2 years ago and the brand new Sensi PH PERFECT FORMULA with the label that says PH PERFECT is the dosing recommendations.

12. dont be so quick to give up... the foam is created because you added the nutes too fast without mixing... always start with the nute that has calcium first... mix very well(i use a paint stirrer) then move on to the next nute... this happens with almost all nutes when mixing...

try mixing a new batch and check it out... the contents of each bottle should be written on the back... every nute has a disclaimer like this.. most don't know or get lucky...

when in doubt, mix the darkest to the lightest... always works after i figured that bit out...

*i don't use AN.. this is why im asking you to keep trying.. i want to.. but it just does not seem like a solid purchase yet

13. #33 Arnold420, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks for the advise.
    I have been mixing my nutes the same way for a while and wasnt having this prob b4.
    I do mix each one thoroughly b4 adding the next and always add magical first to 150ppm. AN tech support says DONT add any calmag even with RO water for the ph perfect.

My concerns are that its not doing exactly what it claims to do. I'm not giving up nor do i plan on it. Just kinda glad i can join this thread with the real deAL PH PERFECT so people can follow along and know exactly whats goin on with it as my plants grow. I'm not sure i have actually talked to anyone who is using the new stuff yet besides me. I can say this much... there not dead but iv seen better. hoping for the best who knows they could turn around and do great!

Talked to tech support about this bout an hour ago. they had no answer for the foam prob but said never to add ph down or up to the ph perfect sensi. However i already knew they wouldnt ever recommend that or it would contradict the whole idea and pupose of the formula.

Stay tuned in for more updates as the week goes on.

Again i am not just some hater that is putn down thier product i use all thier stuff and think its great. jus here to b strAIGHT FOWARD and let everyone out there know what its doing from experiencing it myself.

14. sucky that they have no answers...

i'll still wait for your second batch of chemicals to be made... im hoping that you can stop that chemical reaction thats causing the foam...

if the reaction is bad enough it will plug lines in a Aero setup... this is why aqua flakes has you put the B in first and mix then put in the A... says so right on the directions.. and according to previous postings you always have to mix in the nute with Calcium first then move on...

good luck

15. Thanks bro...
    I did add calmag and tech support says not to with the ph perfect sensi so that could b some of my problem. They should put that right on the bottle for those who use RO water although i really dont see how adding a small amount of calmag would hurt seing that even good quality tap would still contain small amounts of calcium amd magneesium. I got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

I'll try to stay on point with my updates for u guys looking into this product.
    I'm giving it a few more days on this res. we'll see what happens.

16. I was thinking of trying a different brand of nutes for my next grow. Been using Techniflora. Its not to pricey. My tap water is hard water with alot of calcium and magnesium in it and I let it sit out for 24 hours before use and after adding veg or flower nutes it always drops the PH from 7.2 down to 6.2 every time.

17. #37 Arnold420, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Ok guys here r some pics of Super Lemon Haze at 12 days veg.

If u zoom closely at the newest growth on the top of the plants u will see the curl and some thin and even wrinkly growth. Still tryn to pin point whats causing this cant seem to get rid of that. The overall color is good but could b alittle more even too. Some of the older fan leaves r darker newer wrinkled/droopy ones alittle lighter colored.

If anyone feels they know what this problem could b please feel free to share your advise/opinions

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

18. #38 Chunk, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Here is the registration information on AN's products as submitted to the State of Washington. They require AN ( and all other fertilizer companies) to register their products with the ingredients, amounts etc. You can compare the ingredients in the two different products as well as the rest of their products......

Fertilizer Product Registrant
    This site from the State of Oregon may be of interest also:
    ODA Pesticides Division Fertilizer program stop sales

chunk

19. Overall i like what AN does compared to most other nutes. Just my opinion. I gues well c with how this round goes with the ph perfect. Feel free to let me know how u feel its goin and add any advice u like. thanks again:smoke:

20. 24 days veg flower starts 2moro Picture 026.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg