Need a good cheap bong, ordering tonight, no idea

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Liqweed, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Well guys, its about that time and I was planning on spending a couple hundred, but I decided that I just want to get a cheap plain jane bong first. When I buy a nice bong setup (or upgrade this one), I plan on getting an alex k downstem, nice slide, AC, ect. but for this bong right now, I want to get the best bang for my buck piece. My only requirements are that its glass on glass, >5mm, no draggy setups like double dome perc w a tree and whatnot, I prefer straight tubes too no stretched beaker bottoms.

I am just having a hard time deciding what brand to get. One part of me says to just get a cheap weed star, but if I ended up getting something like a 14" zob I would definitely upgrade it and love it a lot more. Theres also those molino bongs, which are $80, but it has a shitty logo on it and I couldnt see myself wanting to upgrade that, I would rather have weedstar honestly, its cheaper so if it breaks it will cost less to replace.

Also, I would love to support an artist if I could. Does anyone know of any good etsy blowers that I could get a good bong from?

2. Everest makes a great quality straight tube for bout 130.. best deal at my lhs.. they are an artist based studio out of illinois.

3. oh really, chicago by any chance?

4. right outside chicago I believe, They have a good rep and make some real nice stuff.

5. SYN - 38 x 4 mm Straight - Yellow Label

most simple bong ever thats great quality. and pretty much unbreakable glass. SYn uses some german kind of glass thats hard to break. real basic bnog thats glass on glass. i have exact same one except mines is a beaker bottom.

6. syn uses schott duran,just like dwb does. Dwb can work on you with price,plus any style of bong you want

7. 4mm bong with "almost unbreakable glass"

:confused: nah

8. If a simple setup is what you're looking for, I'd go with the MGW straight tubes on ALT, 7mm thickness, very thick. That and an Alex K and you'd be golden. Etsy is also a good place, but the good blowers like SSFG, DWB, and glassmansdoll are pretty backed up from what I hear.

9. I have to agree. Personally I would get a very cheap 3 piece and buy a Luke Wilson 6 arm downstem to upgrade to something awesome. It's cheap and if you break the bong you hopefully still have your LW downstem.

10. uhmm yeaa? i think i would know cause i have one. its shchott duran glass. look it up. idiot. I smacked the fuck out of it against my counter and not even a scratch

11. Didn't read the rest of the posts in the thread but if you're planning on going all out with the upgrades make sure you get a bong with a SOLID foundation. I know my bong is very reliable but small (12" EHLE, I love it) and I feel that if I got an AC it would want to tip over all the time from the extra weight in front.

12. grab one of the cheap grass city bongs that are under $20
    fuck, buy two and rip two one after another

13. this is exactly what im looking for at a price better than I expected. I think im ordering this. It has everything I need, 7mm glass, cheap, striaght tube, good reviews except about the joint on it, but what do you expect for $50? This leaves me room to get a downstem or slide, or AC with it too

14. no way to connect a securing k-clip

15. do I need a k-clip?

16. it will save you from breaking the removable parts.

17. Would I be able to at least attach an alex k downstem, carbon adapter and a slide? If its just something as simple as some plumbers tape to hold it in place then I dont mind really. Just trying to piece this together, and I dont know if I should replace the slide or not, I kinda like the simplicity of the stock one, and I want to keep it all clear glass, plus or minus a carbon adapter if I can find a good way to keep it on.

18. Just emailed the website and they said the downstem is about 5in long after the frosted part, it is already diffused, but I think its open ended and doesnt taper in at all I believe, which wouldnt diffuse very well, I want to get a showerhead diffuser, syn makes some cools ones too, just not sure what size to get