**No time for a Journal? Update here.. Any skill level welcome**

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by samson32, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Just took another photo. Ill post a link to my grow in here.

2. Sounds good.. Now that I'm sober I'll finally update as well haha..

3. I'm waiting on UPS to deliver my new fan, and once they do, Ill try updating with some pics of my current setup and the girls in their new smartpots :D. That is, if GC lets me, lately I've been having problems putting my pics in here, comes up with some stupid "security token" message :confused:.

4. I love smartpots!!! When the girls are done flowering in them I love to check out the roots and see whats going on, and they are always full of nice white roots... +1 for the smart pots!
    -Bug

5. great gardens y'all! :hello:

very cool thread!!

edit: and yeah.. smartpots FTW!!

6. i loves me some drunk chicks:eek::D:p...cept i hardly drink anymore either..why when theres dank..if you had dank you wouldn't have gotten hammered;)..just topped my plants..the excitement was so thick you could cut it with a a vienna sausage:eek:...after restrainin' the masses..pepper spray and tazers....i proceeded to behead da bitches:Di a most carin' way of coarse:rolleyes:so when they get their grow on i will post some pics...thats one thing about growin' buds..ya loose contact with your old connections or they wanna buy from you:D:hello::hello:

7. Great idea for a thread samson. Looks like some talented growers are subscribing. Wish I knew how to grow;) I like having 1 thread with multi strains updating. More info.

8. trying to update with pics and this time it's telling me url not found error message, I tried fixing the connection, but I'm not having issues, tried uploading the pics again and got the same thing, so I'm out of ideas, I think the issues are with grasscity...

9. Okay trying something different, maybe firefox will help...

So, here they are, I was going to get some hydroton to add to the top as sort of a mulch, but they didn't have them available in a small enough size so instead I got some glass marbles and put them on top of the soil, to help retain moisture and prevent the fans from blowing soil out. The big one is looking healthy and growing pretty well, but the smaller still seems to be growing slowly...

Attached Files:

10. :hello:wow it finally worked! well heres the whole setup:

Attached Files:

11. your on your way...reminds me of my first grow:plol...would suggest some kind of home made reflector to max your lights..everything goin up is lost...keep the cfls close...2 to 3 inch from plants...good luck:smoke:

12. Yes, I agree, but at least the top of the closet is white which helps, and I made a trifold board into a reflector that I put in front of the door opening, using mylar, the only problem is this is whats causing most of my heat issue, so I end up having to take it down when I turn on the big light. Also, I have on of those cheap little three-way meter (ph, light, moisture) for the soil, and it says the soil is very alkaline, it's reading like at 8, the book says 7 is best, so, when I water should I use a little ph down to bring the water down to like a 5 or even a 5.5 instead of a 6? My idea is the lower ph of the water will help the soil not be so basic? And I thought ocean forest was suposed to be a great grow medium:confused::rolleyes:

13. dont trust the home depot death meter...i got 3 of em...their good for moister...not ph...a pet shop test kit for about 6 bucks gets ya started..but you will hafta get a decent ph meter pretty soon..the fish tank test kit comes with a vial you fill to a line then add drops...as the color changes you match it up with a chart they include..if your soil you want your ph about 6.8 goin' in..run off..what drips from the pot can be a little lower..on your ph...if your showin' 8 and wanna get 7 you water with ph of 6 to about 25% runoff..thats water flowing through the pot as you water..this helps flush out toxic salts....as you add nutes to the water the ph will come down...then you want to pour you water..let sit overnight to remove clorine.....add nutes to water...test ph...add ph up or down to adjust water to what you want..ie 7.0..then water your plants simple..just takes practice..always check the stickies at the top of the forums...theres a great one on ph:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok I will try this, here are a few of the girls at day 19

CANNABIS chemdawg d x spacedawg
    [​IMG]

Sour Thai
    [​IMG]

Sour Willy
    [​IMG]

Bubba Smurf
    [​IMG]
    Right now they are all getting PBP bloom, Liquid Karma, Sweet raw, Hydroplex and some Pro-tekt.

15. Very health bro. Loven the bud sites

16. plants look great ...sativas...now ta plump the buds...sativas can add 1/3 their total weight in the final 2 week:hello:the bad news...some can take thirteen weeks ta mature...but that head high is worth every minute;)bloom boosters...molassas....and give em a shot of veg nutes about every 2 weeks as sativas go a long time on bloom nutes only..when did you start countin' your days of flower...flower starts the first sign of sex..not when you switch the lights...i think this causes so many people to harvest 10 day to early..they go by weeks flowering on dealer site and not trich's...remember..time gets ya in the ballpark..trich's get ta in the game;):smoking:tuck or trim any leaves blockin' budsites from lite..i trim

17. #57 Tripace, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011

I have got the GH PH test kit and ph up/down, so I watered this morning with some molasses and just a tiny bit of gro-nutes, I tweaked the PH to about 5 before watering and tested the runoff water its looking to be about 5.5 or so. But, the little one is still lookin so amll and now shes showing just a bit of yellowing on her leaf tips, hopefully the nutes will do her some good...

Oh yeah and I'm using distilled water so no chlorine worries, also I'm starting with a good ph that way, takes alot of the guesswork out. On the other hand I am going through ALOT of distilled water already, I only just bought two gallons pn thursday, and I'm down to about 1/4 of the first one already, haha!(Of course I did transplant them into new 1 gallon pots that first night so that uses up alot of the water right there.) I can imagine after a month or so they'll be going through it even faster.

18. You are a trip Deacon! Most of the time I have no idea what you are talking about which leads me to believe I should be jealous!:D

19. OK, I gotta know, what's the deal with the taped together inverted cups? :confused: I am intrigued!:D

20. This is very cool with all of the little budsites! How strong is the lighting?