HPS vs MH for Flowering

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by WinterGreenGrow, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I knew you would continue in this personal vein rather tha back up your claim of seasonal spectral shift as you have nothing to back you.

I notice that you have added reading comprehension errors to your resume. I made no pronouncement on being the only educated one here, now did I?

Never understood why people proclaiming nonsense find education as something to be looked down upon.

2. See the other thread for the seasonal spectral shift proof

Or visit the below link for graphs and explainations

PAR Project

Enjoy!

3. lets talk about how close you can get these MH/HPS lights to the plant I.e Water cooled/Tube Air Cooler. I have a tube cooled light and i have it almost 10'' from my plants...and i could probably go closer. what difference is this making? its a 600w light, using MH bulb for veggy.

4. do you use the same all the way thru veg and bloom. reason i ask is i also have both.

5. never mind. a lil reading as suggested before. i found the answer thank you.

6. I hate to say it but I have to.. You are dumb as a fucking rock. What do you not get about that is the natural way of things? maybe because the plants developed for 2 billion years or whatever with blue light in veg and red/orange light in flower; you should continue doing the same.

7. Sorry but I will have to totally dismiss your argument of "this is how it's always been done" and throw in some real test cases into the mix here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=243060

Pay special attention to the poster vapedg13. The man knows what he is doing and does it better then most and does it strictly under cheap metal halide bulbs.