1000 watt mh/hps yeild, how much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StonedPilot, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I was wondering how I could get the best yield from a 1000 watt light and how much can I expect... I'm an outdoor grower so this is all new to me... should I grow big plants? should I sog? should I scrog? low stress training? help me out here plz

2. I would grow like 4 big ones at a time, and I mean big as shit. You should be able to get a good amount of bud off that light. Nothing to worry about there, but it's hard to say exactly how much because there are so many variables. One thing's for sure, you do 4 plants under a 1000 watt light and it wont be light that's holding you back.

3. See I have 13 strains I want to try... and 25 plants(4 strains) growing now... from seed so only half would be female I have a small 8/8 log cabin I can grow in could I get a better production If i do the place over in mylar or tin foil and try a bunch of plants in 3 gallon pots... I also have a 400 watt mh/hps i could put to use...

4. I might be wrong, but from my calculations the optimal 1000 watt setup for yield would be 16 plants in 12'' pots for a coverage of 4x4', aiming for at least 2oz per plant in that setup, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a pound per light
    [​IMG]

5. Thats about right. I get a 1/1\2 per 1000 watt... Just four plants

6. You should pull more then 2 zips a plant. If i didnt get 10 a plant i would be upset.