Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make glycerin based tincture using fine ISO or BHO oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by VIavatar, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Read the tutorial linked on the first page, the whole 'start-to-finish steps with photo tutorial' dealy, combined with the above info for concentrates, should EASILY cure your confusion. :)

2. Yea I think I'm trying to hard and idk just am not getting it!!!! It smells funny, tastes funny and just isn't enjoyable......it isnt as potent as the carts I get from Colorado! I'm in n.y.....It just sucks going thru middle men and knowing I that I can just make this on my own just it isn't coming out as potent. Idk what I'm doing wrong, I'm using the crock pot keep warm setting and low setting....both came out funky. Now I'm trying the subcool way just letting it sit for months no crock pot... I'm just so confused there are so many different ways and shit, I mean, I'll fucking pay for the right recipe if I have to! This is insane....also how in the hell can we make cannastrips!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

3. does it get u high tho?

i can deal with taste as long as it gets me blown

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGChBwwhMC4]Gentleman's Brand: Making Your Own THC Tinctures - YouTube[/ame]

5. I am having trouble getting bho to break down .... every day i check on them ,they all have a glob of bho that has re-formed and risen to the top .....
    I warm and shake the hell out of it each day ..... I am using mason jars with several VG to BHO ratios , trying to figure out what works best .....
    is there any way to get the BHO to break down faster ???
    is the final product going to try to separate once i fill e-cig cartridges ?
    what is the answer to the ultimate question :)

thanx

6. How much more manual agitation ? a ton I am guessing ..... every time it cools the BHO re-forms and rises to the top of my jars, and shaking at this point feels pointless without applying some heat .....
    Is there a process to break down the BHO before i start the VG ?
    and should i be re-heating (low temps) to agitate ? or will that cause degraded quality ?
    PlEasE HeLp !!!!

7. Lol takes a while but is the most simplest thing in the world! Good luck!!!! You'll get it, I promise! ;)

8. I know this is a zombie thread, but I need some advise. I have made iso oil before (bud, vape, shake washed in iso, boiled off) and want to convert it to something i can vape in an e-cig. I took a 10ml bottle and did the 2:1 ration of oil and glycerin and attempted to make the tincture. I dont know if it has worked, but the dark green/brown oil eventually separates, hardens,  and floats to the top when cooled. This might be just the plant waxes, but I dont know for sure. Is this normal?

Have you ever actually used BHO to make tincture? I am going to say no, because if you had, you would have provided more things to warn people about.

Don't use BHO unless you are willing to lose most of it stuck to the side of everything BUT the VG/PG.. ."agitate it"? the second the BHO touches anything but the VG, it sticks to it. Mix it? 25% worth of BHO sticks to what you are mixing it with... shake it in the container, another 25% sticks to the top of your container... try to just "move the container" all of the BHO floats to the top and starts to want to crawl out of your container up the sides. $100 worth of BHO, I would say 25% of it is actually in the VG.

Do yourself a favor and don't use BHO and certaintly don't listen to her.

10. #30 stvsdrs, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    My experience has been that the BHO is highly resistant to dissolving in the glycerol. I cooked mine out in a small canning jar in water at 180 for five hours. It was not so great SO I took it into work the next day and placed the bottle into my heated ultrasonic bath for about an hour.... that made a big difference there is still a lot of BHO floating in the glycerol but the glycerol is all cloudy so I poured some of the cloudy solution off and wET a Q-tip with it and put it under my tongue got a nice buzz. Will pour off the cloudy solution for separate jarring and add glycerin to the bho that still stuck in the jar.. It can be done but it requires patience... I was thinking of doing a batch and first dissolving the BHO into some high proof alcohol and then cook the alcohol off while I heat IT in the glycerol... Good luck and happy flying

11. With BHO my friend said its best to use Everclear or high proof alcohol.

You do the same double boiler method with a mason jar slowly though with a non open flame since it will be either everclear or 151.

How much alcohol to use depends on your tolerance and how much bho you have. 

12. Hello I am thinking of making this using activated BHO for "Green Lean" - I am thinking that everyone seems to have problems with it clumping up, maybe it's like mixing flour and milk where you want to put the flour down first and add little bits of milk until you make a paste, then smoothen it out...

What if I add just drops of VG and mend it into the BHO, then add more VG and take it from there.

Does anybody know if it will mix with soda like flower-tincture (which I know does)?

13. @WeedWhacker805
    An eyedropper or 2 of 190 proof Everclear.. Low heat and see how that blends.. It's what I use with Kief to make potent tincture then add that to the glycerin for infused E juice after straining the kief from the 190 proof..
    Ethyl alcohol is found in many if not most of the flavors used in off the shelf vape juices so it's not a big deal or concern to get back out of the juice.. Some are really high in EA right out of the bottle up to 23% and my infusions are no where near that high a ratio.. EA is also an excellent cannabis solvent as it turns out.. :) Blends well with both water and PG-VG..
    I'm doing 1 gram of kief, 1/4-1/2 ounce of 190 proof, strain and add that to 50ml of glycerin..
    BNW

14. I have 10oz of really strong glycerine. But the taste is bitter. I have flavored it grape and added water. I placed in the fridge to chill. Though, I still might have to add sweetener.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #35 WeedWhacker805, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    190 proof is illegal in California sadly - I use 151 - but I don't want there to be any alcohol in it because I have high tolerance to THC and low tolerance to alcohol.

You are correct - I know Skunk Pharm Research has already debunked this, but this BadKitty tricked me into trying it and wasting some product.

The thing is there are "BHO Syrups" here in California that don't say what they're made of - definitely doesn't have a significant amnt of alcohol in it.