Tight, dense, compact buds with cfls...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DrDro, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ...is it possible? Thoughts?

2. probly no......

3. maybe if you used products like bushmasters and gravity it might work. they will help tighten the nodes and make the plant dense. no way of knowing until you try. just be carefull with these they are hard on your plants follow the directions

4. yeah its possible id say if you have at least 100w of CFL power per plant and you keep the lights pretty close

5. when i grew with cfls, i got rock hard buds by drying slowly in a cold closet

6. How do you dry slowly? I have my buds hanging in my tent, in the dark. How do I dry any slower than that? I hear people say dry slowly, but don't know what they mean. How can I dry slower then them naturally hanging and drying?

7. Maybe folks in some real arid areas could use a humidifier to slow down the drying process. I would think mold might be more of a concern, though.

By not watering for the last 5 days before harvest it helped the buds dry more thoroughly. They've only been curing for a week, but vaping very well already.

8. I have a Cfl grow finishing now and the buds are hard and dense on the plants not i believe the will get even harder in the next week or 2 and then i will cut them . I believe the key is to get the buds maximum light to me that means no more then 2 inches away from cfl bulbs and closer if you can reflectors are a must since you want to shoot the light right on to the buds as intensely as possible. This is best done by using all the cfl bulbs in a flat large reflector and tying the plants down flat so most of the buds are within 2 inches of the bulbs, and the bulbs want to be 6 inches apart at most so the plants in between them get maximum light from different angles. this is more work since different buds are always shooting up and getting to close to the lights but worth it because the buds will be dense even with cfl's. The best thing to tie buds down with is stranded electrical wire you just strip a 16 inch piece of wire and use the copper strands to tie the plants down its very cheap and works the best because the strands are so small the do not block light and you can just twist them or even tie them in a knot. i have some pictures of my current grow here 5 Gallon Bucket grow. - Grasscity.com Forums