GC Suicide....Ask an Ex-Cop.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by budlover13, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Little questions, difficult answers!;)

Respect and honesty was always MY standard. Respect is a given, no screaming, yelling, "He was going faster than me!". Name-calling, well how would you react?
    Honesty, well to be honest, it meant alot to me, but maybe that's why I'm an ex. SIMPLE honesty, admit to your speed or the phone call you were taking, is smart. "Do you have anything in the vehicle I should know about?", nothing you want THEM to know about.

The females were a few breeds that I knew. Some were, .....tomboyish? Not gay, but just tough, kick your ass, if you can do it I can do it better cause I'm a woman type of women. And then there were women that had an agenda. Honorable agenda such as protecting abused women and children. Still ladies, but no BS either. And THEN there was the woman that, while she wanted to be treated like a lady wanted to be respected like a man. I'll let the flaming begin on that one!:rolleyes:

2. see your a good cop! like i get where your comin from and you understand me.. like you guys do have to go through shit that is pretty hard to deal with (haha ive seen the show cops with the crazy people drama lol), and do help some people.. I just believe everything will get better if the laws Chill way out, and only really bad people get punished... its just a big chaotic situation, with good and bad people and cops sprinkled all over it..

Like one time my friend got arrested for marijuana and had to do all this shit.. and some of the cops called him all these names, tellin him he is bad, and etc... few months later he was jogging and saw a lady getting raped and stabbed.. he chased the guy off and saved the girls life! now he got all these rewards and the cops are saying he is a great person and we need more people llike him in the world (yet they would arrest all the people like him, he smokes hella weed.. and a couple months ago he was a piece of shit to them)... the system is flawed and makes good cops hated... and good people sit in cells... i believe LEAP is a great step forward, more and more cops are starting to see this

3. wow hows my question bad. i want to know if cops are really racist assholes. answer it

4. hahaha some are some arent lol thats really the only answer to that..

5. Dude.........not appropriate.

6. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to not answer that. Keyboards been a little busy tonight:rolleyes:.

I saw some cops talk shit on other races and gays. I've heard whites, Mexicans, blacks, and Hmong use racial slurs. The majority of the time they weren't directed at suspects, but rather each other. There is SO much pressure to be PC that you have to let off some wise-cracks somewhere. And I never saw a cop take offense when it was another cop joking.

7. how is it not appropriate? the examples i used? its just common racist talk.... and my question was if he ever heard any his buddy cops talking like that.....not if all cops are racist.

edit thanks for answering

8. Most people don't understand that cops put up with ridiculous bs all day long and know when someone is bullshitting them.

Im sure most of them appreciate when someone is honest and respectful and probably try to help you out.

So my question would be,what ratio of people would bullshit with you and what would the other be of people who are respectful and honest?

9. I didn't actually mean it in a way that you got caught or whatever. Maybe I should rephrase it. :p

Did you leave because your herb appreciation conflicted with what your job asked you to do?

I really only ask because in another topic here about cops, the subject of pot smoking cops got brought up. One user said that cops who smoke pot, shouldn't be cops, since their would be too much of a "conflict of interests"

Again, if it's too personal, feel free to plead the 5th. :p

10. Have you ever arrested someone and kept their bud/money/other items

11. Was your priority always safety and justice?

12. I was arrested for every misdemeanor you can imagine back when I was young and dumb.Trust me when you show most officers respect they return the favor.You are less likely to get charged and if you do they will remember that you arn't a tool.You don't have to confess or spill your guts, just say yes sir or officer and no sir provide I.D. if asked & remain silent.

The last time I was in trouble several years ago an officer that had arrested me on a previous occasion talked to the judge without my asking him to and got the judge to issue me an O.R. bond.I call that a good cop.

I've really only met one bad cop over the years.

13. why do you think the general public fears cops.? when in reality you are supposed to protect us. how come even if i have no weed, weapons, warrants anything. when a cop approachs me im instantly feeling tense and nervous. we should feel like talking to them, or approaching THEM, not the other way around.

also, i have had so many officers ask me where i am headed. when i say, well sir im just driving. does it really matter the destination? they get even more fucking offensive. im pretty sure this is the United States and i could drive to Florida if i fucking felt like it. WHY DO they always ask that, and keep poking around it

14. It seems as if more from my area need to be enlightened by your philosophies. Thank you for your work and the risks you took on the day by day.
    Best,
    -KillerKush-

15. that sounds like a personal issue to me and not an issue with the police whatsoever...if you're not doing anything you shouldnt be; why be nervous and get tense when you're approached? Maybe you've had a bad experience, as we all have before....but I just dont understand how someone with nothing to hide will get nervous...IDK

And Im pretty sure they ask those kind of questions to catch you in lies. Its easy to lie and say "Oh Im driving across the Bay to visit a friend" then forget while they're back in the car, or writing your ticket, or WTFever and end up saying "Im going to see the Golden Gate with a friend" the second time....

IDK...woke and boke...just typing

16. Yes, there were many times that I felt conflicted over a given law that had to be enforced. Sometimes it was bud that gave me a guilt trip, but more often it was getting called to a house for a domestic, find that both parties have marks, and then have to arrest both parties on spousal abuse even though it was clear that one person was the aggressor and the other was just surviving. But the law is VERY clear that in these cases, if there is ANY evidence that it becomes a MUST BOOK.

I didn't smoke on the force, but I knew a couple that did. I didn't avoid it because I disagreed withit, I just simply didn't want to piss dirty if I ever was involved in a major incident.

17. Honesty and respect are definitely a good thing. I would estimated that around 40% of the people I contacted took that attitude. Probably another 40% were more scared than respectful, and maybe 20% were jerks.

18. Never when someone was arrested. The two things I would occassionally, confiscate for safe keeping, was beer and weapons(knife, knuckles, etc). And those cases were rare. Now a minor in possession of alcohol would obviously require that an adult take it to keep them from getting in trouble, right?:D

19. Yes. My safety, your safety, then justice.

20. I think the public fears LEO for several reasons. With media coverage, you hear of the bad cops, not the good ones. Some see them as enforcing laws that they think unjust. The biggest reason, I believe, is the way in which our children are raised. I had a mother tell her little boy that if he didn't stop misbehaving I(as she pointed to me) was going to take him to jail. The little boy was terrified. I bought him some candy and explained that he wasn't going to jail, but he better listen to his mom. I got in trouble when she filed a complaint. "What if he was diabetic?"