Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cracked the inside of my bowl; is it still safe to smoke out of?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jimboslyce, Dec 27, 2010.

1. So as I was cleaning my bowl I accidentally cracked a bit of the inside of the bowl, right near the actual hole.

Basically, is it safe to smoke out of, or will it explode in my hands?

2. Why exactly would it explode? do you have explosive residue in your pipe? hahahaha.

Are you high right now?

3. If you can still get a hit out of it.............................yes.

4. the only way it can explode is if it wasint heat treated properly and still has stresses in the stuture of the glass. being chipped if its just a chip then im sure its fine but if its cracked then theres more of a chance of breakage. just be careful and try not to be too rough wit her.

5. i dont think your lighter will increase the heat of your glass vastly within seconds, so it will not explode.. besides its the same thing as having a non cracked bowl.. Your bowl already has a hole in it so if it were too explode now it would have when you first got it.. :( please use logic

6. Upon closer inspection, it's a LOT worse than I had thought. It's completely cracked. So... yeah, I'm going to have to put her down.

7. Well, don't put it down because of a chance of exploding, It might crush or beak into pieces in your hand if it's that weak.. I'd try and cover up any cracks on the outside with my hand then hit it.. Mine as well smoke out of it till you get a new one!

8. OP's question has been answered. Enough. :eek:

9. Dude don't tell people to use logic if you're not using logic yourself. Yeah there's a hole in the bowl piece originally but it's meant to be there. It's tempered to have a hole in it. You're right about your lighter not heating it up enough to explode in seconds but if you crack it you should make sure to get out all of the small shards of glass that break off and get stuck in the bowl piece because of resin. You don't get shards of glass from the hole that's made to be there dude, use your common sense bud. And shards of glass can be heated up pretty quickly due to their size, so do you really want to be telling people it's okay to smoke glass? To answer the already answered question though; yes you can use a cracked bowl piece but make sure to clean all the shards of glass out first using hot water, q-tips and some rubbing alcohol. You'll get it spick and span (with exception to the crack of course) without having to put pressure on the weakened glass. But I would recommend buying a new bowl piece as soon as possible.