Aussie Outdoor Grow - Chronic Bagseed (White Widow like, Indica Dominant)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by V4XR, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cool man. Maybe you could give me a hand then. I couldn't get the damn purple sativas to germinate. I heard alot of people had that problem with them. I also heard they like extra heat and moisture. Anyways i still have a few left that ill try again with this year, so if you could tell me how you germinated them successfully? Thanks.

2. True, well what I did was placed them between drenched paper towels and sealed it in a zip lock sandwich bag. The sativa ones took a lot longer to germinate as you can see on the first page of this journal, the smaller ones are the sativas.
    :D

3. Do you grow indoors more than outdoors?

4. Pink Widow (Bagseed :D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. She is a pretty girl. Bet her genetics are keepers in your grows!

I am at 38S and was wondering what sort of weather are you getting. Here it is the wettest Summer since 1910 by almost a third. Crazy wet has meant I have just been chopping leaf and tips and cutting back for what has felt like forever.

6. Indeed, I've crossed her with the Purple Sativa male, which should be an interesting cross :D !

I'm at -34S and have had mainly overcast, wet weather.
    I know how you feel! Last year almost everyday we had rain! It was demoralising, after 3 weeks of growth my plants only had it's second set of leaves. :(

Anyway this year was a bit better, I skimped out on supplies and only bought one bag of soil and didn't add any perlite :rolleyes:

Can't wait till next year though!

7. Thanks for the help those plants look really sexy. I hope i have better luck this year with them all the best.

8. Good Luck bro! At the start of the 11/12 grow season here, I plan to plant in the ground (the soil here is almost all sand and absolute shit for growing anything) and uses premium soil with lost of added perlite, start them at the right time too and maybe buy seeds from a seed bank again.

If you are still having trouble with germinating the seeds, try using a knife to snip of like 1/2mm off the pointy end of the seed, this is what I had to do with my Lowryder#2 from 2 years ago. Because of the ruderalis genetics the seed was much thicker and harder to germinate.

If you don't want to snip the seeds, try dropping them in a shot glass of rain / purified water, they should float (I think), and when there ready they sink (maybe the other way around, can't remember :p ), then you use the paper towel method as usual.

:smoke:

9. Photo update tomorrow.

Buds starting to look / smell chronic. Still indica dominant.

Leaves are looking like shit, they are mostly yellow and are cupping.

Any ideas?

V4XR

:smoke:

10. consider a little perlite or vermiculite to loosen up that soil, see a lot of water standing in those pics.

11. Had a plot with about 20 seedlings which were off to a good start, went there to check on them and there was NOTHING!

12. I think they should start flowering about the 2nd week of February here, so they have 5 or 6 weeks of veg left on them.

13. Yo man, you're not really supposed to post three times in a row, just hit the edit button and add to your previous post, unless you are bumping a thread.

14. Update - WEEK 7 of Flowering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

15. Not long to go now!

:D

16. Hell yeah, how long do you reckon I should leave 'em? I added some PK13/14 so it should beef up a bit more. When do you recommend I start flushing?

17. Gday V,

I run my nutrient application by the phases of the moon in accordance to biodynamic teachings. Right now it is a very full moon and the smell in the backyard is just rude.

By the looks of it, the plant should be done by about april 10?

Just start adding water only on april fools day. That will be 10 days then easily with no nutrients.

Mine here are running a lot later than yours so easily another 5weeks for me here. Am getting a bit nervous about having the cmx and mephisto ready for nimbin.

18. #58 V4XR, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    Update: Last Week + Harvest

Big Girl (Harvest Day)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Girl (Budshots - Dried)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Thanks!