Aussie Outdoor Grow - Chronic Bagseed (White Widow like, Indica Dominant)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by V4XR, Dec 25, 2010.

1. #1 V4XR, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    Welcome to SWIM's 2010-2011 Outdoor Grow in Australia.

The seeds came from a bag of chronic outdoor buds which smelt awesome! They were a light green colour with a fair ammount of orange/red hairs and was pretty sticky. :) The seeds were much bigger than your usual seeds.

Germinated seeds placed in soil on the 12/12/2010 by SWIM.

15/12/10 - Day 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Retard :p
    [​IMG]

Group Shot

[​IMG]

22/12/10 - Day 10

[​IMG] Bigboy (Male Suspect)

[​IMG] Nemo?

[​IMG] Sage

[​IMG] Retard

;)

2. careful with that water man!! you'll start locking out nitrogen.

3. Thanks for the heads up, with the last plant I had I watered everyday because the soil on top was drying out and I thought it needed watering, but because the soil had terrible drainage the bottom never dried out and it ended up dying.

With this grow I'm only watering every 4 or 5 days.

V4XR

4. #4 KSimms4200, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
    any reason why you think that 10 day old sprout is a male? : )

consider a little perlite or vermiculite to loosen up that soil, see a lot of water standing in those pics. if you're going low budget, just grab some dead leaves, hay, or something of that sort (dont know what you find lying around australia besides kangaroo poo) and mix it through.

good luck bud. grow that ganj : )

5. Yeah bro, males usual have stronger growth/ grow quicker than female. (From what I've heard and experience)

I'll do this soon, you will be able to see in the pictures.

Thanks for you input! :D

6. #6 V4XR, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    Here are some photos of my plant that just died, after about 6 weeks of veg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. when I fill a container with soil I lift it and feel how heavvy it is, then water the soil and lift it again, you'll know how "Light" it can get easier than how "Dry" it can get is my theory. I cant say for sure but it looks like heavy soil is that last pic. if the soil seems heavy it may need to be puffed up a bit, I never pack the soil even a bit, I think that lack of oxygen at the roots and lack of good ambient air is the reason that most young plants die.

8. Dude, Resize your pictures. They're massive. It makes it difficult for people with slower internet conections.

But otherwise, nice grow. :D

9. guerilla, your exactly right that pot was really heavy.

I'm going to put woodchips in when I transplant.

Also I'll resize these pictures now.

Thanks!

:smoke:

10. Looking good. Have you had much rain?

How long till the onset of flowering properly in OZ?

Listen to guerilla45.

He knows his horticulture. :D

11. Hey ReggieG,

Haven't had much rain lately, which is good. I like to water them myself so I know how much they are getting.

G45, just checked out one of your grows..... DAMN! Great work, those plants looked great! Such a shame about getting ripped :mad:

I had a plot with about 20 seedlings which were off to a good start, went there to check on them and there was NOTHING! The kids that ripped them dried them out and smoked 'em. ;)

12. Happy New Years!

Have a great 2011 :hello:

13. #13 V4XR, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Cheers ReggieG!

Update on the plants. Just had their first feed of Fish Emulsion, keeps the plants nice and healthy. You should be able to see the explosion in growth after another week.
    :D

04/01/2011 - Day 23

Group
    [​IMG]

Bigboy
    [​IMG]

Nemo?
    [​IMG]

Indy
    [​IMG]

Retard (Not really anymore :p )
    [​IMG]

Sage
    [​IMG]

Group 2
    [​IMG]

14. Looking good. How long till hou start to see flowering?

15. I think they should start flowering about the 2nd week of February here, so they have 5 or 6 weeks of veg left on them. They should take 8-9 to flower for this strain.

Thanks for checking in!

:D

16. :rolleyes:this one reminds me of a kick ass hy-brid I had once, I bet this is your "exceptional" plant...........
    [​IMG]

17. Hmm I was thinking it was some kind of retard hahah :D

What was this hybrid you talk of? :)

Also I have have a natural triploid plant before (no chemicals), but the soil it was in shitty and stunted the growth.

:cool:

18. OH! :eek: WTF? Anyone see this before, I have had triploid plants before, but they always started with 3 branches and 3 cotyledon leaves, this plant has been fine until now, now it gone to a triploid! :cool:

[​IMG]

Also can someone please help me to identify the problem in the red circles in the picture, the tips of the jagged edges on the leaves are curling up and are a bit brown, could it be from pH issues or from the sandy soil?

19. New pictures tomorrow, in new pots and haven't grown much :( :(

20. #20 V4XR, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    The plants are in new pots with new soil and will be getting their photos done with an Olympus Digital Camera.

They are being fed with Fish Emulsion ever 2 or 3 days.

Day 32 - 12/01/11

Big Boy

[​IMG]

Retard

[​IMG]

Indy

[​IMG]

Nemo

[​IMG]

Sage

[​IMG]