Why does weed make you feel the way it does?

Discussion in 'General' started by spudman78, Dec 24, 2010.

1. #1 spudman78, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
    Like I love getting high because I always think of new ways of doing things and I just think completely out of the box while. I have always wondered what is in weed that makes me do these things?

EDIT: and why does it make me think SO much about anti government things and shit

2. It probably has some certain chemicals that interact with your neurotransmitter receptors or some shit. Do you really need me to get out my psych book? Coz as fucked up as I am right now it's gonna take me til tomorrow to really understand it myself. :)

3. hahaha dude youre sooooooo gone :)

4. agreed!

To the question you answered

"The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). The membranes of certain nerve cells in the brain contain protein receptors that bind to THC. Once securely in place, THC kicks off a series of cellular reactions that ultimately lead to the high that users experience when they smoke marijuana.

As THC enters the brain, it causes a user to feel euphoric - or 'high' - by acting in the brain's reward system, areas of the brain that respond to stimuli such as food and drink as well as most drugs of abuse. THC activates the reward system in the same way that nearly all drugs of abuse do, by stimulating brain cells to release the chemical dopamine"

Source: What is -- and what causes -- the marijuana "high"? - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

5. Its the THC and other chemicals. It just gives you a different perception of reality. I different view of life. It makes you think of government because the government doesnt want you smokeing it. They are enforceing their rules on you and you dont even know who they are.

If you think weed makes you think outside the box, take it a step up and try some shrooms dude..

6. with those mushrooms, you'll feel like you've discoverd the world..then feel how insignificant you are compared to the whole world..yea everyone can make a change...to an extent haha

its an emotional rollercoaster..very confusing one at that haha (after the first time, it gets better and better till there's realy nothing left to gain..that's what i feel :confused_2:

7. Cannabinoids in the weed, cannabinoid receptors in your body.