Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Weed VS. Drinking Beer (Health)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blaze518, Dec 22, 2010.

1. #41 benwise, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    1. More. Having an addiction to anything is not good. People are making weed out to be harmless. I'm stating otherwise.

2. Smoke + air deprivation = bad. Don't try to fight it.

3. What? At least write proper responses.

4. Not really. If you smoke weed, your lungs get messed up. Period. The smoke is harmful. If I drink a beer, nothing happens to my liver. A LIVER IS IN YOUR BODY TO FILTER UNNEEDED THINGS. IT CAN "SAFELY" FILTER ALCOHOL. Just because you drink an occasional beer doesn't mean it does anything to you. I could drink 2 beers a day for the rest of my life and have no noticeable liver damage.

5. I know. I was making a point stating that just because alcohol makes you sick doesn't mean it does it to everyone. Make counter arguments instead of proving my point.

6. If you safely take prescriptions the chance of dependencies is probably lower than when you feel you need to smoke to 'medicate' yourself. Also, that's very rude. Please stop being mean. Thanks.

7)-Alcohol is still worse on your liver....
    -Someone else said it, mj doesnt kill braincells...
    -You cant tell me it's easier or more people get sick from Bud than alcohol, bc thats BS
    -Alcohol IS a depressant, google it....
    -Alcohol poisoning, ever heard of it? MJ isn't a depressant. "But your muscles get all relaxed!!!" Damn!, it HAS to be a depressant now! ...get real, and maybe evaluate your drinking problem...

How do you compare liver damage to lung damage...
    Yes, it does. Smoking=no oxygen.
    Didn't you just say it depends on how you process weed right above? Contradicting arguments, tsk. tsk.
    I know, but I said 'lol' at fact he said Alcohol is a depressant yet failed to mention Marijuana is too.
    Ever hear of WATER POISONING? OMG WATER IS A POISON!?!?!?!?!
    Google/Research what classifies things as a depressant. Slower metabolic processes. Yes, your muscles relaxing is actually a sign of it being a depressant. Also, I don't really drink. I smoke a lot more. Evaluate your ability to argue, than when you realize it's all biased/fallacious, proceed to stop doing it. kthx

8. Kk, You smoke your blunt all day, make it last. I'll drink like 6 beers over the period of a day and you can smoke a blunt over the period of the day. My liver will be fine processing 6 beers in 24 hours. Your lungs, regardless, will have damage done to them.

9. Your liver processing alcohol/other things isn't normal? Shit, I'm a god!
    Actually, your liver gets messed up when you drink more than your liver can handle and it's constantly trying to process the alcohol but it can't. And fine, don't smoke a blunt every hour of the day. Smoke a single bowl for my single beer. If weed is less harmful than drinking, nobody should have a problem with it. And 24 beers over the period of a day would probably leave me quite drunk...

10. Show me bias in my arguments?

2. interesting...

You provided so many facts and info it cant be bias now that i think about it.

Re-read your original post and my original reply. You may have to think about it for a while but my sarcasm will slap you on the head eventually...

while you are re-reading your post, i would like for you to think about what bias means and how it shows in your argument. kthnxbye

3. I can't believe no one talked about EATING IT! that 100% takes away the lung factor AND the Brain cells factor! weed in itself is NOT bad for you its the way you distribute it to your body!

now I admit how many of us JUST eat it =P

4. I actually heard a story in news that clamied shooting up heroin is better for u then drinking didn't watch the whole thing but remember that begin said

5. now THATS interesting I admit I don't even believe that! :eek:

6. Or you could just tell me...

7. Everything you posted in this thread is wrong. Except about air deprivation but that's not the weed so..

P.S.:Go to an alcohol forum

8. there's plenty of good documentaries you could show your friends like the union, and just skimming through this thread i cant believe people actually think alcohol is better for your health than weed.

And don't forget smoke from weed isnt the same as smoke from tobacco.

9. Lol, no it's not.

And maybe you meant debate forum, because I don't favorite alcohol over weed.

10. Everyone using the god argument is a fucking dumbass. First of all I don't believe in god, but i wont even go there for now. Lets assume god does exist. He also created hemlocke which is deadly and poison ivy. Oh wait, both of those things are bad for you! Also, obviously everything man creates is evil, right? Oh wait theres that thing called insulin which saves diabetics lives, not to mention all of the other medications that are man made.

As for which is healthier, it depends. If by drinking everyday you mean no more than 2 maybe 3 beers then weed is definitely worse. If you are referring to getting smashed every night i would stick with weed however there are a good amount of side-effects although nothing TOO serious.

Side effects from chronic cannabis use include reduced lung capacity, damaged cilia due to being coated in tar, decreased production of serotonin, and an increase in mucus production which increases the risk of respiratory infection.

11. Dude! I was reading the bible the other day stoned lol and I read that part and I got the exact same message like god wants us to smoke because he put it there for us. pretty rightious dude!:hello:

12. The "natural" argument is bullshit. Every drug would be natural. Man is natural. To make "artificial" drugs is part of the nature of man. So artificial drugs are natural. I mean everything is made of natural things by natural causes.

13. Alcohol and Marijuana are BOTH CNS depressants. Thats just the truth, there is no room for argument. Many of you are thinking of a "depressant" as something that makes you depressed. Thats not what it means. It is something that "depresses your CNS, i.e. slows you down, so to speak (the opposite of a stimulant).

Also, not everyone that drinks alcohol drinks to get drunk. I drink one or two beers 3-4 nights a week and it isn't going to kill me. One to two beers or glasses of wine can actually have many health benefits.

That being said, if you are just in it to get messed up, then yes, marijuana is safer than alcohol

14. Yeah, mj has characteristics from the three drug types: depressant, stimulant and hallucinogen. Alcohol is a dpressant.

15. Technically, alcohol is biphasic as well in that regard since it produces stimulant effects for the first hour or so after consumption. But this is splitting hairs in the overall realm of the argument at hand.

16. great news guys, i had them sit down at my computer and skim through the forum and guess what?

im smoking them up tonight!:hello:
    thanks guys, i just couldent get the info through their thick skulls by myself

17. not trying to make this a religious thread but didnt god also say gluttony is a sin since its taking time away from praising him/her/it? Its interesting since when youre overeating or smoking weed it takes you away from the consciousness needed to fully praise the savior. It seems to me that God contradicts himself...

anyway, alcohol is the real problem facing society since millions die from alcohol poisioning, drunk drivers, liver damage,etc. You also get a rise in domestic abuse, crime, etc with its legality.

18. + Rep to you sir... please let us know how it went afterwards I really want to know :hello:

19. Prescription drugs are much worse for you than marijuana. Marijuana has killed zero people while drugs such as aspirin kill about 7,500 people per year. What a doctor prescribes to you is most likely not very good.