Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help! Suddenly marijuana makes my eyes itch soooo bad!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weedkeeper, Dec 14, 2010.

1. i have some sort of reaction to it too. its kinda like stinging nettles to me. it also makes me sneeze like mad if i get any resins on my face. eyes itch and chest sore.

this is purely from a growing perspective. in the past when i have bought small amounts i have never had this problem. i think its because i live with my plants that it affects me.

measures i have taken to help myself, wear disposable latex gloves when in the garden. i also wear a dust mask, but this is mainly to prevent myself accidentally touching my nose, which i do a lot :( long sleeves prevent against the nettle like stings i get, but to be honest they are little to no concern in relation to the reaction i get if i get resin on my fingers. i can sneeze for days if i do that :(

just thought i'd share my experiences as i know there are others out there with the same problem.

good luck and keep safe

x DB

2. This happened to me last week. I broke up a bud and rubbed my eyes and they started to itch so bad.. not stinging and shit like yours but I feel you.

3. #23 aToker, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    The reason you got allergies again is most likely because of the food you eat.

Wanna hear something interesting?

When GMO's (Genetically Modified Organism's aka shit food) were introduced to the USA allergies went up 400%!

Ask your grandparents if they had allergies or knew anyone with them... the answer will be no.

My advice is to start eating organic foods.

I ranted sort of but I hope I helped you somehow :confused_2:

4. I found that by wearing long sleves trousers gloves and shores i am safe as long as it doesnt touch my skin, i sneeze like crasy from it if i thouch it.

5. Used to happen to me all the time when I smoked, along with upper respiratory problem (it was a contributing factor to my quitting). The fact of the matter was that I was having an allergic reaction. Not that I'm randomly allergic to marijuana or anything, but I do have awful seasonal allergies. Weed is covered in pollen. Do you have seasonal allergies? You can develop them at any time.

The only fix for me was antihistamines, which made me sleepy. 

6. I'm gonna go ahead and guess you are having problems with your tear ducts and the weed isn't helping. Double check with your doctor that your eyes are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I've figured out how. Just go wash your hands make sure to use your elbows to close the tap etc. Don't touch anything after you wash your hands, use the clean towel to pat them dry, and go at it at your eye until it isn't itchy anymore or bearable. Repeat the process as much as needed.

P.S Your eyes will be red as fuck : )

9. cumulative exposure (KYOO-myuh-luh-tiv ek-SPOH-zher) The total amount of a substance or radiation that a person is exposed to over time. Cumulative exposure to a harmful substance or radiation may increase the risk of certain diseases or conditions.

We see it in people with basic allergies as they age they become ever more sensitive to an allergen. Out of the blue my wife is getting pollen allergies after a lifetime of never having any and she is mid 60s in age.
    Try a different method of consumption. Tincture or edibles and see if it still affects you in the same way. Could be the smoke itself.
    BNW