House passes DREAM ACT..........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QP3, Dec 9, 2010.

1. lmao why dont they just call it what it is, Pro-abortion. Thats what it is about, dont need to fancy it up now do we? I can take a shit in a box, and call it a party , but its still shit.

2. Untill we can afford to give free education to existing americans, we dont need to drag in more unskilled labor from other countries. You have black, white , and hispanic Americans already here who have no chance at an education like this...... Why are we so insistent on helping non-americans ? Fuck the dream act .

3. The bold isn't even true, but let's assume it is. What makes those children deserve free education anymore than a non-citizen?

"Because their parents paid taxes!"

Well, the non-citizens would pay taxes if they were legal, so that's really not an argument either.

So that's two times I've preempted your arguments... Statist arguments are so predictable.

4. You are using a mythical figure to support an arguement? Really? Sorry, you just failed bigtime. The creator. LOL. ANd just who is this creator? Is is the big invisible man in the sky that watches everything?

Rights endowed by the creator. Now THATS funny. Made my Friday. You should put that in the You Laugh You Lose thread. It would end the thread.

5. You know, I understand where you're coming from, but next time someone refers to "god given rights" you can also just substitute "natural rights".

It's basically the same thing, and since debating religion is rather pointless I dare say that calling him out on that is pointless as well. (at least politically)

6. Wow your amazing intelect just blew my mind.

anyways.

What makes those children deserve free education anymore than a non-citizen?

"Because their parents paid taxes!"

Their parents didnt just pay taxes, they fought in ww2, went through slavery, farmed their way through a depression, worked in a factory for 50 years, worked their ass off so that the next generation in the family could have a chance to go to college, faught in vietnam, north korea, served our country, taught our children, paved our roads , etc...... Fucking pull your head out of your snooty ass . And yes they paid taxes, something that is a pretty fucking big deal no matter how much you want to just be snooty with it. Most of our colleges are funded through tax dollars. One way or another.......... even private schools when it comes to tuitions .................

Well, the non-citizens would pay taxes if they were legal, so that's really not an argument either.

Well if rapist didnt get caught , they wouldnt be in prison but thats not really an argument either. The fact is they are illegal and most dont pay taxes, unless its a few pennies for sales tax for a bag of cheetos and a cola. You cant just go around dismissing the actual facts because your snooty brain finds them to be a non-factor.

7. A non-factor is a non-factor whether my snooty brain thinks it's a non-factor or not. I asked for a justification, and you can't give me a valid one, so you just call me snooty and act like I'm some snob.

I understand the argument that it would not be good for the country for social service/tax reasons, and I said:
    What say you?

8. I just gave you a laundry list of reasoning, but you choose to ignore that as well. Im done discussing with you, as your mind is made up and you are just trolling. :wave:

9. My snooty brain threw the whole laundry list in with the non-factors.

10. Its called immigration laws and sovereignty.

Tell me, why would people go through the steps to come in legally, if the people who ignore the laws get the most preferential treatment? Do you not understand that it makes citizenship here worthless? These illegals are getting better treatment and benefits than Us citizens who have been here for generations!

11. i dont give a fuck who you think your creator is doesn't have to be some make believe fairytale shit.

how about your own mother, aint that your creator?

12. Have you heard of the Declaration of Independence?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

The entire American system was founded on this principle, that we all have natural rights regardless of who's in power.

13. From the article:

Whoa, thank Jaysus I was born on the good side of the line. Hell, I'll trade a lot of the poor white tra...er, I mean the lower-income rednecks we have around south Georgia for people with these qualities.

14. na man, being pro-abortion isn't the same as pro-choice...

As I said, being pro-choice states that you are in favor of the right to choose (implied in the title) Most people who are pro-choice aren't so because they just fucking love abortions. They don't carry signs that say "abortions for all" haha
    If were going to make things black and white like that, we should start calling pro-life "pro-making people who would be shitty parents and rape victims have babies anyway!:devious:"

but it only makes sense if the devious face it at the end.

15. This.

Considering how emotional people get on the issue, it's not surprising that there is so much of this pro-choice=pro-abortion drivel going around. I can understand why people get upset at strangers killing a fetus within their body. It's disgusting and something I never want to be a part of. But government regulations will not stop abortions, and wanting the government to not get involved in this issue does not equate to being pro-abortion.

Sorry for straying from topic. Continue on...

16. Agreed. but yes, sorry for getting away from the topic, that caught my eye in the original post. haha

17. Deport all and any ILLEGAL immirgrant now. WE dont need them at all.. The key word in all of this is that they are illegal,against the law. We have enough people here that needs job,houseing and food and such.Lets fix the US first,then start helping others.

18. The key word is illegal? And you're saying this on a pot forum? LoL.

19. Exactly

We don't need them? Why are you speaking for me? If u don't want them don't invite them into your house don't hire them don't do business with companies.

Same as all us pot heads are saying u don't like weed don't smoke it. Same as we object to people telling us what we can and cannot do with our own person and property, so long as it doesnt infringe on the rights of others to do the same

20. Dude, you reply directly to my post asking for a justification, and all you can come up with is "Immigration laws and sovereignty"?

So, a foreigner does not deserve citizenship because of immigration laws.

and

A foreigner does not deserve citizenship because the United States is a sovereign country.

That's fucking retarded, it's not a justification man. I'm seriously asking for a justification in which you try to explain to me how it is okay to bar entry to our country. There really isn't any good justifiable reason, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising.

Why come at me with this? You know my position is to just open the borders up to anyone, free market style. The legality and illegality of anyone's actions under the current laws means very little, ever heard of an unjust law? It doesn't make citizenship here worthless, that's rediculous. All it does is grant citizenship to people who would otherwise be illegal aliens. Now those people can pay taxes and live out in the open just like any other American. I believe that the social service/tax issues are separate from the issue of not allowing immigrants to enter legally, and I believe they should be treated as such. Maybe people would realize how rediculous some of the entitlements are once a bunch of immigrants go on them.