How long to veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HelloLadies, Dec 6, 2010.

1. #1 HelloLadies, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    How long should I veg in this box for maximum yeild? (10.5"w X 6.5"d X 18"t)

I plan to lst throughout the grow. Tomorrow marks end of week one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It's hard to tell in days because everyone's grow setup is different. With your space restrictions I would get it to it's 3rd node, or 3rd set of true leaves with a fourth coming in and then switch. Lst as much of the flowering stretch as you can.

3. Well thats where its at now just really close together. Around how many times bigger would it be by the end of flowering if I started now?

4. The guideline or rule of thumb is 2x-3x stretch during flowering. But every plant is different. If it's indica dominant, it will be shorter with closer internodes. You could probably veg an indica longer. Sativas can stretch as much as 5 times their veg size.

As long as you can keep tying it down below a certain height, you should be alright vegging for longer. Just leave some room anticipating the flowering stretch.

5. #5 OptimusKind, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    The general rule of thumb is a plant will double to triple in size after switching to 12/12. (Aw crap. What he said ^^)

6. alright will do, thanks for the help

7. I would set it up for some nice LST then flower.
    Maybe 3 weeks max? I dunno, it depends on how long it takes to start growing.

8. do you know what type it is because if it is a sativa your going to be running into height problem i was lst mine untill i ran out of room i had to supercrop it 1 month in flower :( i

9. veg the plant to a little over twice the size that you want the plant to be because in flowering the plant with usually double in size in flowering. If you really wanna maximize weight you should lookup some lst tricks and maybe tie or bend some of your branches. Or you could top the main cola